The All-Purpose Flickchart thread

slothian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So everyone who has flickchart, copy and paste the following putting in your own information.

Where is your first comic book movie? 35, 30 Days of Night

Where is your first Star Wars? 207, Empire Strikes Back

James Bond? 274, Goldeneye

Biopic? 25, Braveheart

Baseball movie? 290, Bad News Bears

Horror movie? 1, The Thing

Movie in a language other than English? 32, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

First movie with a black lead actor/actress (let's keep this to one of the three names that Flickchart lists)? 40, Predator

First adaptation of a book? 1, The Thing (based on "Who Goes There?") but there's also Conan the Barbarian #3 (which isn't based on a specific book, so I guess it is 5, The Virgin Suicides.

First sequel? 43, Terminator 2: Judgement Day

First movie released before 1980? 6, Rear Window

First animated? 16, Fantasia

Comedy? 2, Airplane! (my top 50 is pretty comedy heavy, actually.)

My issue with Flickchart in a nutshell: There is no chance that The Notebook is my 21st favourite film of all time, but it is definitely a better movie than Robocop 2.

And yet, sometimes, it's absolutely accurate. Like, Phone Booth might actually be my 400th favourite film.

17 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

Coyote Ugly. It at least knows what it is, it has no pretensions of being anything more than stupid fun.

I chose it as well because Bridget Moynahan and Melanie Lynsky.

I came back to mine because I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands laying down recovering from surgery and thought it might be fun. After a few hours of selecting, I finally have a top 20 that doesn't have anything that shouldn't be there. There are plenty others that could beat a lot of these films, but I'm finally ok with what it looks like. 

Screenshot 2023-01-18 093437.png

To clarify, that's Godfather 2, and Once Upon a Time in the West.

On 11/6/2013 at 6:33 PM, Dread said:

Flickchart is bullshit.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:07 PM, Dread said:

My issue with Flickchart in a nutshell: There is no chance that The Notebook is my 21st favourite film of all time, but it is definitely a better movie than Robocop 2.

And yet, sometimes, it's absolutely accurate. Like, Phone Booth might actually be my 400th favourite film.

41 minutes ago, Dread said:

I came back to mine because I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands laying down recovering from surgery and thought it might be fun. After a few hours of selecting, I finally have a top 20 that doesn't have anything that shouldn't be there. There are plenty others that could beat a lot of these films, but I'm finally ok with what it looks like.

A 10 year progression!

I am one film short from 1000 movies on my Flickchart - am in two minds of doing film 1000 tonight - but in the spirit of Des' posts, my current Top 20:

image.png.3d6dc7de8fb0ea4cbd735001f64ad511.png

14 minutes ago, slothian said:

A 10 year progression!

I am one film short from 1000 movies on my Flickchart - am in two minds of doing film 1000 tonight - but in the spirit of Des' posts, my current Top 20:

image.png.3d6dc7de8fb0ea4cbd735001f64ad511.png

Part of my problem is I didn't realize THERE WERE "Haven't seen it" buttons when I first used it, so there are a bunch of things floating in my list now that I have never seen. Pretty sure The Rescuers Down Under is not something I've seen. Or Beethoven's 2nd. I was smart enough even as a child to not watch the second one.

Where is your first comic book movie? 36, The Dark Knight

Where is your first Star Wars? 40, Empire Strikes Back (although I'm due a Star Wars rewatch)

James Bond? 47, Goldeneye

Biopic? 39, Gandhi

Baseball movie? 664, Bull Durham

Horror movie? 2, Let The Right One In

Movie in a language other than English? 2, Let The Right One In

First movie with a black lead actor/actress (let's keep this to one of the three names that Flickchart lists)? 9, Shawshank Redemption

First adaptation of a book? 2, Let The Right One In

First sequel? 36, The Dark Knight

First movie released before 1980? 1, Casablanca

First animated? Either 11, Wo Framed Roger Rabbit, or if that dosn't count, 57: Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

Comedy? 4, Some Like It Hot

6 minutes ago, slothian said:

Where is your first comic book movie? 36, The Dark Knight

Where is your first Star Wars? 40, Empire Strikes Back (although I'm due a Star Wars rewatch)

James Bond? 47, Goldeneye

Biopic? 39, Gandhi

Baseball movie? 664, Bull Durham

Horror movie? 2, Let The Right One In

Movie in a language other than English? 2, Let The Right One In

First movie with a black lead actor/actress (let's keep this to one of the three names that Flickchart lists)? 9, Shawshank Redemption

First adaptation of a book? 2, Let The Right One In

First sequel? 36, The Dark Knight

First movie released before 1980? 1, Casablanca

First animated? Either 11, Wo Framed Roger Rabbit, or if that dosn't count, 57: Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

Comedy? 4, Some Like It Hot

Nice! My answers actually look very different now than they did yesterday.

Example: my first comic book movie is now The Dark Knight and it's farther down the list at 77.