Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

See, I watched the Goonies for the first time a couple of years ago and I didn't see what all the fuss was about.

It helps if you grew up in a sheltered family. Where you were not allowed to watch monster movies or Indiana Jones. You could get to watch a movie with swashbuckling adventure,and a monster, let alone one that is also a superhero.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was never really a big Goonies fan either. I mean, I think if I'd been the same age as the kids when I first saw it (I was a few years older), I'd have loved it because it really is the ultimate "ordinary kids go on a big adventure" story. But if you view it outside of that wish fulfillment zone, I don't know it if works as well. But that's not to say that I didn't still enjoy it, albeit to a mild degree.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: I needed something to fun while waiting for a friend. This was probably my favorite movie growing up. As a result, anytime I watch it, I kinda have a reverse rose-tinted glasses situation. It's not warts I see but the little other things. There have been posts about Will using this movie to ruin childhoods with this movie before so I'll just move on.

Feature Films: 29

Direct to DVD: 1

Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 2

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: I needed something to fun while waiting for a friend. This was probably my favorite movie growing up. As a result, anytime I watch it, I kinda have a reverse rose-tinted glasses situation. It's not warts I see but the little other things. There have been posts about Will using this movie to ruin childhoods with this movie before so I'll just move on.

:yes:

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Pee Wee's Big Adventure: First time viewing anything Pee Wee-related. The actual adventure was disappointing short, but otherwise a good directorial debut.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Why? (other than money, Will)

Film Count: 25

Back to the Future: Well. It's Back to the Future. I mean, what more can be said about this thing that hasn't been said? It's like talking about Star Wars at this point. All I can really say is that it doesn't really get rolling until Doc Brown shows up in the flesh, really. Outside of that, it's a damn good time travel movie.

Films watched: 28

Repeats: 1

Doug Stanhope-Bee Hall Putsch: I haven't listened/watched Stanhope since university. He went a little too dark and shock for me. But last night I watched this and have to say that it is one of the finest stand-up comedy hours I've ever seen. Three jokes in the whole thing (with a few sprinkles of tiny bits like the one below). I recommend seeking it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgMdgs1jLiY

Feature Films: 41

Documentaries: 2

Plan 9 From Outer Space: There are awful movies. There are horrendous, terrible movies. There are movies that should never have been made *coughmurdersetpiecescough*. Plan 9 From Outer Space is not one of those movies. Sure, it's cheesy, stupid and ineptly made, but it has so much soul and vigor put into it, that I simply can't hate this movie. Yes, it's dumb. Yes, it's obvious that the first male zombie clearly switches between Bela Lugosi and some random guy. But I love it all the same. Basically, go watch Plan 9.

Films Watched: 29

Repeats: 1

Saved!: A great satire, funny and often interesting.

Cinderella: Thoughts in a later HG but, mainly, it's decent enough. There are some things that didn't work but costuming, Make-up, and art direction were flawless. Not only that but Cate Blanchett is just terrific as Lady Tremaine. Sure, she's a little campy and all-out villain but definitely a great performance who occasionally shows some real depth. I could see it being a contender come Oscar time for Best Supporting Actress.

Feature Films: 31

Direct to DVD: 1

Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 2