Important: Status of Earth-2.net

2 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

I doubt it will do much good adding it to the Big Damn Heroes feed since that things been dead for a few years now but go ahead.

Everything about this blows chunks. GoDaddy is terrible as is but this just makes me hate them a bit more.

Sounds good!

On 5/27/2020 at 5:12 PM, dc20willsave said:

I doubt it will do much good adding it to the Big Damn Heroes feed since that things been dead for a few years now but go ahead.

Everything about this blows chunks. GoDaddy is terrible as is but this just makes me hate them a bit more.

Again, not a lot going on there but please add it to BWP also.

• 4 weeks later...

What I would do is find a platform that is specifically dedicated to hosting podcasts like podbean (or another podcast host). Get their unlimited upload plan (which I think is like $15 a month). Then you and your content creators start upload new episodes there. Make a backup copy of all the mp3s on the GoDaddy server to an external harddrive (if you haven't already done so), and then delete them from GoDaddy. Keep your website as a central hub, and copy and paste the mp3 download link from podcast host to earth-2. Then start uploading your back catalogue to archive.org and again post the mp3 download links onto the earth-2 site. One you are posting new episodes somewhere else you can then probably get a cheaper plan with GoDaddy because you are then essential running a blog site at that point. Let me know if you want some help. I might even being to willing pay for podbean for a year if that helps. Kelly L.

6 hours ago, The Master said:

Please check Update 6 (above). The re-uploads are in process, but not everything will be ready until this weekend.

You're not "Karen-ing" when you complain about bad service. Asking to be given what you paid for isn't the same as complaining about petty things.

• 3 years later...

Hi, Davy!

The basic story is this: Despite paying for unlimited storage and bandwidth, GoDaddy has a hissy fit whenever the storage size becomes too big. (They can never define what "too big" means, so there's no known cap I can push against.) Under threat of terminating my service, they force me to nuke everything. To this end, I keep only a few episodes up at a time.

That said, if you DM me here, I can maybe get something working for you.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:44 AM, Davys Flicks said:

Please, I'm trying to listen to old eps of Bigger On The Inside and most of them are gone - through to the Capaldi era!

PLEASE tell me I can still get them all!!

Have you tried listening to them via Spotify? I was able to do a re-listen of most of the Classic Era episodes (Episodes 30-90, to be precise) through their iPhone app and didn't have issues downloading or listening to them there.