Spider-Man's new costume.

Missy

God, it's not THAT bad. The way everyone was reacting, I half expected a hooded sweatshirt.

It fits in to the storyline, with Stark giving him the armor and all. Apparently there is some kind of civil war brewing and Stark wants him on his side. It's not great, but it could be a lot worse

Scarlet.jpg

armor.jpg

God, it's not THAT bad. The way everyone was reacting, I half expected a hooded sweatshirt.

It fits in to the storyline, with Stark giving him the armor and all. Apparently there is some kind of civil war brewing and Stark wants him on his side. It's not great, but it could be a lot worse

Scarlet.jpg

armor.jpg

I actually liked the second one...

I guess I'm one of the few people that didn't mind the Scarlet Spider's costume, the storyline however....

I didn't hate it, but it's far from a great design. That's for sure.

Oh, I agree, one of my biggest faults was with the insignia. If he had atleast designed it himself in the story, it would be better, but the fact that he bought the jacket in the mall and then ripped the sleeves off just seemed cheesey, at least the "real" Spiderman actually created his signature spider design.

Hopefully this change will lead to something. If you read the the Joe Fridays column he committed on how this will lead to Stark getting Spidey to promise something that will play a pivotal role in Civil War. So being a big Spidey fan I am going to reserve judgement until I see where this goes. I don't like the colors though. I like the design but I wish they would just use the original Red and Blue color scheme.

Looks like a mid-nineties Rob Liefeld rip-off of Spidey, presumably called 'Spidor' or some such thing.

Name: Spyder

Rob's Excuse: "Ys are edgier. They're this year's X!"

Name: 591?32-/\/\4/\/

Rob's Excuse: "The Internet is cool!"

Name: Spiderman

Rob's Excuse: "Look, there's no hyphen. That makes it different!"

Name: Man-Spider

Rob's Excuse: "He's not a spiderman; he's a manspider!"

Name: /\/\4/\/59Y?32

Rob's Excuse: "It combines all of those! God, that's awesome!"

• 3 weeks later...

For those that don't know he recently died and came back to life and now has bones coming out of his arms. He even says he must have "Logan envy". When he came back, another thing came back with him. This is all coming to some new story where this new suit plays a role I'm sure. Remember, every time he has gotten a new suit, it changed his life forever, and involved someone or something else. I don't count the armor cause that was not going to be permanant.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with Ollie on this one, I'll reserve judgement on the actual look of the costume, besides all these years Peter has tried to get by on very little having to sew his own suits and come up with web shooters, etc. Now that he's a part of a team why not use the resources available to him now. I just don't like the colors. The red and blue were iconic, and while a lot of characters made years and years ago have desperately needed a new, more moder look, Spiderman's costume has always held up.

I'm just glad Cap didn't make his new suit, then he'd have wings coming out his arms instead of bones.

While I understand the color scheme (Stark designed it, and those are his Iron Man colors), I do wish it could have been red and blue. Or white and black. You know, colors Peter has worn before.

I'm not against change. Far from it, actually. But this -- this is very jarring.

• 1 year later...