The First Avenger: Captain America

Missy

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filming in New York, or as it's better known, Manchester

That's right, the home of Coronation Street, Morrissey and the most overrated band in the Britpop movement. Great city, but nothing like New York.

Ian, your link leads to the comic book adaptation section of the forums.

Whoops! I've edited in the correct one now.

• 1 month later...

I agree with KnightWing. This is a costume designed for stunts. Made roomy for extra padding and movement. However, having said that, I have to comment on the anachronistic shoulder pads and abdomen pads. If they are representative of the actual costume then I have a problem. They look way to modern and out of period. I'm willing to reserve judgement but those pads worry me just a little.

Those Hydra agents are pretty badass, though. Right?

But it's far closer to a practical military uniform. Cap really is just a human, and I like the fact that what he wears is basically a variation on what everyone else is wearing.

I mean, to be honest the worst part of Caps normal outfit, especially when transferring to live action, is the helmet/cowl. It looked terrible in the old movie, it looks even worse here. I think its something to do with the wings and the utter cheesy non-practicality of the face-mask. The ultimate WWII one looks far more realistic for the period.