The First Avenger: Captain America

Missy

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just read an article complaining that Captain America will be filmed overseas. Though they acknowledged that it will be set during WWII, the author was still bothered by the "treasonous" nature of this. :rolleyes:

Man, I'm sure glad we drove the Nazis off of our shore on D-Day.

I just read an article complaining that Captain America will be filmed overseas. Though they acknowledged that it will be set during WWII, the author was still bothered by the "treasonous" nature of this. :rolleyes:

Man, I'm sure glad we drove the Nazis off of our shore on D-Day.

Yeah, all the New York jews who died in the Hoboken Concentration Camp, you'd think that story could be told where is happened, the good ol' U S of A.

With this set in WWII, I think it's safe to assume that Hugh Jackman will make a cameo somewhere?

Wolverine's owned by Fox still, isn't he?

Yeah, they can't feature any mutants, even ones traditionally associated with the Avengers like Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver because they're Magnetos kids. Shame really, although I'll be interested to see how heavily they reference Nick Fury & the Howling Commandoes. I'm presuming to some extent Sam Jackson will be the glue that holds that film together, it'll be him seeing the rise of Cap and thus him who truly understands the significance of finding him again. Even if he's only in it for a short while, you've gotta imagine that's how this will work.

As rumored, Tommy Lee Jones will act in Captain America: The First Avenger in a still-unknown role. Hayley Atwell, who plays Peggy Carter in the Joe Johnston-directed comic book adaptation, confirmed the news to LeicesterSquareTV. You can watch their interview with Atwell using the player below. They start talking about "Captain America" around the 2:20 mark.

Rumors place the "Men in Black" star in the part of General Chester Phillips, the military officer who chooses Steve Rogers for the super soldier program and who aided in his training soon after the serum took effect.

Phillips was retconned into continuity in "Tales of Suspense #63" in 1965, just two years after Captain America was brought to Marvel's forefront as the leader of the Avengers. Phillips remained a character in the Marvel universe until 2003 when he (now retired) was killed by assassins from the underwater rival-to-Atlantis continent Lemuria.

In addition to Atwell, Jones is joining Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Sebastian Stan, Toby Jones, Samuel L. Jackson and Dominic Cooper in the July 22, 2011 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/101676-tommy-lee-jones-confirmed-for-captain-america

Well, Joe Johnston said that...

Steve gets multiple costumes in the movie. The first costume he gets is when the U.S. decides to make Captain America into a propaganda machine for the war. That one is more comics-accurate. But then later, he gets a new, more "real" costume when he finally gets into the war itself. This concept art looks like it might be either that second costume or perhaps the costume he gets when he gets thawed out in present-day.