JackFetch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

(Katee Sackhoff or bust for Carol, btw.)

WTF: Cap 3 is Civil War. How. What. How does that even work??

Meh: Infinity War split into two parts, Inhumans

Good: Black Panther movie, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers 3 is not Civil War

FUCK YES FOREVER: CAPTAIN MARVEL WITH CAROL DANVERS AT THE HELM.

Done correctly, the Black Panther is an incredibly fun character and I can't wait to see what they do with him. If he's already cast, then he's a lock for a cameo in Age of Ultron (considering we're already pretty sure Andy Serkis is Klaw and they presumably have to hit Wakanda to fix Cap's shield).

A few more answers:

Civil War: Patrick Cavanaugh:

Events of the whole cinematic universe will make all governments in the world want regulation. Not so much about secret identity, but about who reports to who.
Black Widow movie (and the lack thereof)
Patrick Cavanaugh: Question about no Black Widow movie
3:01Patrick Cavanaugh: "Like Hulk, her role will be in the Avengers films"

Events of the whole cinematic universe will make all governments in the world want regulation. Not so much about secret identity, but about who reports to who.

Okay, that makes at least a little more sense. I'm not sure who in the Avengers would think signing on to be government employees/representatives is an awesome idea (maybe Carol), but making it all about secret ID registration was nonsensical for the movies.

Not to be that guy, but I get the Black Widow thing. She's a supporting character at best. Despite her current title, she's never supported a solo series in comics. In the films, she's played by an actress with tons of other commitments, who doesn't do anything Cap can't. The only reason people are clamoring for her movie is because of the dearth of female led films. Of course I want more female led superhero films, but Black Widow is boring as hell. Her entire shtick is two things, she's mysterious (which instantly disappears when you explore her in depth) and she's a Russian defector (which is super dated.)

Carol can support a movie and I'm thrilled to see it. But, I think it's time to stop acting like Black Widow is suddenly a great character.