Superman: Man of Steel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How out of place does Kal Penn look in that picture?! He did nothing in that film.

Didn't he drive a boat, or a plane or something?

I'm pretty sure he was the one who got a piano thrown at him by Supes' kid, which I have to admit was a nice moment in an otherwise dull film. But I could be wrong.

That was some other guy - I believe he got crushed under some falling part of the island, but I'm not watching that film again simply to verify that.

The guy who played Cyclops in Singer's X-Men movies was the only thing I didn't hate in Superman Returns.

Why?

Probably because that was the only character that even remotely acted like a decent person.

But he was also very bland. The only person who really stood out from the crowd in the film was Spacey.

He was cheesy. Spacey can be great. American Beauty, Se7en, and Usual Suspects spring to mind. Very different then what he had here. Here he hammed it up.

He was cheesy. Spacey can be great. American Beauty, Se7en, and Usual Suspects spring to mind. Very different then what he had here. Here he hammed it up.

Since Superman Returns was a love letter to the Donner films more than its own film, I'd be willing to bet that was intentional on the directorial and script fronts to align him with Hackman's portrayal.

That was some other guy - I believe he got crushed under some falling part of the island, but I'm not watching that film again simply to verify that.

That is correct, sir.

The guy who got crushed by the piano was the one with the dog tattoo on the back of his head. The guy who played the piano.

but I'm not watching that film again simply to verify that.

Don't be so sure about that. :evil:

I've already reviewed that monstrosity in The Show #72!! I don't know if you're suggesting I should re-review that horrendous film or that I should keep it for a Superman review series. After all, we haven't even finished the Batman series yet!!!!

HINT, HINT!

I've already reviewed that monstrosity in The Show #72!! I don't know if you're suggesting I should re-review that horrendous film or that I should keep it for a Superman review series. After all, we haven't even finished the Batman series yet!!!!

HINT, HINT!

Look on the bright side; no one is trying to rope you into reviewing Smallville. Also, you won't have to wait five films to review a very good one, like you did with Batman. You get to start with an excellent (though not perfect) one and follow it up with a fairly good sequel.

True, the next three films are crap, but they'll be more fun to review!

HINT, HINT!

All kidding aside, I don't think it's a requirement for you guys to do Superman first of all the film series available. You could do Spider-man or X-men instead, or anything really that doesn't involve Superman III and IV. Those ones aren't even cult-bad like Batman & Robin.

I kinda like Superman III.

With all due respect, that movie was as campy as any of the 80's-90's Batman movies ever were.

But Pryor made it enjoyable. I will stand by that movie being enjoyable. As the original Superman writer said "Its a Richard Pryor movie, with Superman.."

From the bits of Superman III I've seen (through the Nostalgia Critic's 11 Dumbest Superman Moments), I kind of doubt that, but I will see the whole product before passing judgment on it.

From the bits of Superman III I've seen (through the Nostalgia Critic's 11 Dumbest Superman Moments), I kind of doubt that, but I will see the whole product before passing judgment on it.

When you do get round to watching it. Don't view it as a Superman movie, view it as a Richard Pryor film, with Superman showing up.

That probably won't make any sense until you watch the film.

When you do get round to watching it. Don't view it as a Superman movie, view it as a Richard Pryor film, with Superman showing up.

That probably won't make any sense until you watch the film.

I actually don't think I've seen anything with Richard Pryor in it. Would this be a good place to start or not?