Superman: Man of Steel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screw the man who brought us JLA: Earth 2 and Batman RIP

Who wouldn't want to screw the man who gave us one of the best Justice League stories of all time and an incredibly cerebral Batman story that, while not perfect, was at least ambitious? Oh, you meant it in another way. Well, then... look over there! *runs*

I don't disagree in any way with that, I'm just thinking it would be nice if the Kryptonian threat was dealt with in the same film as Krypton itself. I don't want to see other Kryptonians in the franchise, mainly because I don't think people will care about the planet beyond the first film.

I don't disagree in any way with that, I'm just thinking it would be nice if the Kryptonian threat was dealt with in the same film as Krypton itself. I don't want to see other Kryptonians in the franchise.

They could make Brainiac a being created on Krypton as he was in the DCAU. How many fans would complain "No, he's from Colu!"?

Brainiac can work for the origin story, too.

Amen. They could basically adapt the Superman: The Animated Series three-parter "The Last Son of Krypton" and combine it with the later episode "Stolen Memories" or better yet "Ghost in the Machine".

The Last Son of Krypton combined with Stolen Memories would be an ideal Superman origin story. It introduces Lex as a "background" villain, sets up John Corben as a future Metallo, and lays the groundwork for a lot more stories.