Superman: Man of Steel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically you just didn't like that he was the Hackman Luthor and not the comics/DCAU Luthor?

It wasn't so much that. Hackman's Luthor was somewhat entertaining, at least in the first film. The problem with Spacey's is that it was schizophrenic in that at times it was the Hackman Luthor but at others one more like his incarnation in the comics and the DCAU and the two aspects of the character clashed with one another.

I thought they blended pretty perfectly. I like him better than Hackman, actually.

To each his own, but it could have been so much better. Did we need more motherfucking kryptonite and another motherfucking real estate scheme?

To keep this thread on topic, what would y'all think of the other reporters at the Daily Planet (i.e. Cat Grant, Steve Lombard, Ron Troupe) being in the next movie in addition to Lois, Perry, and Jimmy?

The press release:

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Henry Cavill has won the coveted role of Superman, the iconic superhero.

The film will be directed by Zack Snyder, who stated, “In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen. I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.”

Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

Cavill recently wrapped production on “The Cold Light of Day” and stars in the upcoming “Immortals,” opening this fall.

Targeted for release in December 2012, the new Superman movie will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

henrycavillsuperman.jpg