Superman: Man of Steel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, John Williams is to me as Grant Morrison is to Mike and Dan.

And yes, I am saying Star Wars music isn't all that great.

If you mean in comparison to Wagner's Ring Cycle and Igor Stravinsky's ballets, then I could see where you were coming from. Otherwise, you are dead to me as well.

Anyways, we are getting :ot:

I believe this has been asked before but who do y'all want to see Superman punch in the face in the next film?

William's scores tend to be pitch perfect for the sort of films he's offered. In particular I think his Jurassic Park, Star Wars (even the new ones), Jaws and Indiana Jones scores are all iconic. Especially Jurassic Park, I listen to that one when I'm driving, it's awesome.

Ditto, in part because Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies of all time (I am lifelong dinosaur enthusiast, but even at a young age I could spot inaccuracies and exaggerations in that film, which revolutionized how the world outside of paleontologists viewed them).

Yeah, I think consensus was Brainiac. Who would be the ideal voice for a heartless alien computer? Should he be completely robotic in appearance or have artificial skin like Data from Star Trek?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I thought I'd throw open this one to you guys, and let you see how these things get started...

Yesterday I received an email via the Superman Homepage from an anonymous source which read:

Director Zack Snyder, has nearly chosen his next Superman. Actor Geoff Ward was auditioned and called back three times. Yesterday he was given the physical screen test on a green screen with new suit and all. I have iphone pics to share if you'd like?

Before I was able to reply there was an additional email in my inbox which contained the same message, but this one contained the following three photos...

I sent the emails to some of the guys on staff here to let them see the photos. We did some research on this Geoff Ward and found an IMDB.com listing for him which shows he's a little known actor with a few credits to his name.

We then searched on YouTube and found a short Acting Reel and some stand-up comedy videos. He definitely has a lot of self confidence.

I sent a reply to the emailer, but as yet have heard nothing back from them.

Anyway, I just thought I'd show you the kinds of stuff that comes through my inbox when it comes to unconfirmed rumors regarding this next Superman movie. Hoax? Legitimate screen test? An actor just trying to get some publicity for himself? I know what I think. You decide...

geoff-ward1.jpg

geoff-ward2.jpg

geoff-ward3.jpg

Sauce

Yeah, the costume pretty much looks like what kills that theory.

No, the costume looks fine for a simple screen test. It's not like they'd have finished the costume by now.

What kills it is the fact that he's randomly carrying a guy. If it were a pretty brunette girl, it'd make sense. That just looks like a joking parody of the "Can You Read My Mind?" scene.

On my recent SPvstW viewing I saw that Brandon Routh looks even more muscular than he did in Superman Returns. Thus increasing his ability to be Superman even further.

No, see, Brandon Routh was always muscular. The suit is what made him look skinny; apparently that's what Bryan Singer's into.

• 3 weeks later...

Umm, I actually like the costume, lol. I mean the last suit looked so fake that even when Brandon wasn't a CGI character he looked fake. I'm not sure if this is a spoof thing or not, but I'm ready for a new Superman film, hopefully David Goyer doesn't go overboard with trying to make the film too dark, just make the characters more human, like how Richard Donner did. The problem I have with SR, was that the characters were fake, they didn't feel real and their acting felt forced.