Superman: Man of Steel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're trying to figure out the plot of director Zack Snyder's "Superman" reboot, don't look at the Man of Steel's previous cinematic endeavors for any clues. Likewise, there are no breadcrumbs to follow in the character's considerable comic book run. In fact, there's really no where to look except for the minds of those who have worked on the script.

According to an interview with French site FilmsActu.com (via Bleeding Cool), Snyder's "Superman" won't take any cues from previous films or comic books. Instead, the DC Comics icon will return to his early days as a crimefighter in a wholly original story.

"As I have already explained, the film will focus on early days of Superman, so there will be no links with other films," said Snyder. "This is not a remake then. Similarly, although I still can not talk about the script, I can assure you that this new Superman will not be based on a comic book in particular."

Snyder's comments are interesting for a number of reasons. Without ties to the previous "Superman" films, it's now more likely than ever that Brandon Routh will not have a part to play in the reboot. Further, by focusing on the "early days of Superman," the chances of an older actor like Jon Hamm donning the red-and-blue tights are significantly lessened as well.

As for the comment that this film won't "be based on a [particular] comic book," it seems that we can shut down the early speculation that Snyder's reboot would follow in the footsteps of Mark Millar and Leinil Francis Yu's "Birthright."

Source

how would you guys react to a Superman film in which Lois Lane met Clark Kent for the first time and by the end of the film found out that he was Superman?

As long as he slept with her, got her pregnant, wiped her memory and went off into space for five years I'd be fine with it.

how would you guys react to a Superman film in which Lois Lane met Clark Kent for the first time and by the end of the film found out that he was Superman?

As long as he slept with her, got her pregnant, wiped her memory and went off into space for five years I'd be fine with it.

And then winked at the camera as he flew off, smiling.

As the John Williams Superman theme plays.

After all, that's the common reaction of any man who has just had a major secret of his exposed.

And Christopher Reeves rolls over in his grave.

And Christopher Reeves rolls over in his grave.

Then the actors come out saying that date rape is a terrible thing and that if you'd like more information, you can call the number at the bottom of the screen.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

seriously :fist: