Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Captain Janeway's voice sounds like a Coyote gnawing on gristle and bone.

As a person that strongly likes Janeway, I will choose to strongly disagree, especially when you have voices like Gilbert Godfrey out there.

Really? A couple of friends of mine have a signed picture of Kate Mulgrew for reasons beyond understanding, I shake my head every time I see it. Not only is Janeway pure misery to listen to on a basic pleasant/chalkboard sound scale, she's also the single worst Captain in Star Trek. She completely lack the easy authority of Kirk, Picard or Sisko, and constantly sacrifices the well being of her crew to make what she probably thinks are relevant ethical points. It amazes me that she didn't have a mutiny on her hands within the first season. But then I really didn't like 90% of Voyager either.

As a person that strongly likes Janeway, I will choose to strongly disagree, especially when you have voices like Gilbert Godfrey out there.

Really? A couple of friends of mine have a signed picture of Kate Mulgrew for reasons beyond understanding, I shake my head every time I see it. Not only is Janeway pure misery to listen to on a basic pleasant/chalkboard sound scale, she's also the single worst Captain in Star Trek. She completely lack the easy authority of Kirk, Picard or Sisko, and constantly sacrifices the well being of her crew to make what she probably thinks are relevant ethical points. It amazes me that she didn't have a mutiny on her hands within the first season. But then I really didn't like 90% of Voyager either.

And Voyager is nearly my favorite Star Trek with DS9 barely beating it out so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

And Voyager is nearly my favorite Star Trek with DS9 barely beating it out so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Eh, you must have some taste if you acknowledge the greatness of DS9. :P

Voyager is also a favorite of mine. Janeway never bothered me; I appreciated her authoritativeness in the face of hostility. Picard would always try to negotiate with EVERYONE, while Janeway would actually use force when necessary.

Voyager just really hooked me both with the fact that the crew are in constant danger as well as the family aspect to the crew. TNG, TOS, and (somewhat) DS9 all had bridge crews that were more co-workers than family, but Voyager actually had familial relationships between the entire main cast.

Oh, and with the inclusion of Seven and the greater presence of the Borg, it just got awesome.

Nothing against the other Trek series, though. I really appreciate all of them in entirely different ways. Ranking them is actually really difficult for me.