Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cause I was at the Weird Al concert getting drunk off of good beer (c/o Waterfront Brewery) and chocolatinis?

Side note: The man puts on an AMAZING concert and puts everything into his performances. The encore of the Star Wars songs (though not quite as epic as his 30 minute Albequrque rendition the other year) was so much fun.

Cause I was at the Weird Al concert getting drunk off of good beer (c/o Waterfront Brewery) and chocolatinis?

Side note: The man puts on an AMAZING concert and puts everything into his performances. The encore of the Star Wars songs (though not quite as epic as his 30 minute Albequrque rendition the other year) was so much fun.

Jealous......very jealous..... <_<

Seriously, if coming out to Milwaukee to Summerfest is a legitimate option for you all, DO IT. If you get in on the right promotion days, you can pay as little as free to, maximum in the evening, $15, pay as little as $5 to $10 for parking in the right areas, and then spend the rest of your money on good food and booze and seeing an awesome band. And if you camp out long enough, you can get right in the front rows like I was last night for Weird Al.

I spent $10 to go see Flogging Molly last year, and no, Preston still hasn't forgiven me for that. :P

Also, top five moments of last night's concert:

-Al riding in on a Segway for "White and Nerdy" and his backup band actually posing like rappers while dressed in quintissential nerd gear

-Al dressed in a red and black tiger stripe suit with a blue sequin shirt underneath for "Wanna B Ur Lover" and actually using one of the security guy's head as something of a prop to caress and sing to/etc, he was a pretty good sport about it

-The encore, which began with the keyboardist coming out in Sith robes and playing the quintessential scary organ theme (you know the one), and followed with the entire band coming out in Jedi robes, Al faking us out with "Cell Phones... Everyone has cell phones... Let's get real...", and then launching into "the Saga Begins" and "Yoda" (which contained an awesome impromptu vocal rhythm section in the middle)

-The opening polka (which included Lady GaGa)

-And, finally, Al's costume changes during "You're Pitiful" (which included a lovely bit at the beginning where he actually pulled the lyrics out of his pocket after a significant pause): Black jacket and pants, first jacket was pulled off to reveal this heinous gold sequined jacket, then that went off to this awful purple tye-dye unicorn monstrosity shirt, then a Wisconsin Polka Department shirt, then finally a Spongebob T, and then he took off his pants to reveal knee-highs, a ballarina tutu, and fake boxers.