Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My pre new years resolutions are already bearing fruit, I actually have something approaching fingernails now. The varnish stuff I'm using to stop me biting them is foul, and regularly taints any kind of finger food but it's a small price to pay to ditch a bad habit.

Also just nailed the last of my Christmas presents, all that's left is to go out and buy them. Tough one this year, my brother and I do joint gifts for the family because it keeps it simple and we tend to think one really nice thing trumps two OK things. Previously we've gone with M&S hampers for a lot of people, because it got most of our shopping out of the way in one go, but we'd drawn that one out as long as we could really. This time we put some thought into it. It's been tough, it's been expensive but most of all it's been worth it in the end. The blizzard of towels, snare drums, exercise steps, crockery that we've organised better be worth it.

So despite everyone/everything pissing me off in the last day and a half, I can still manage to have something of the Christmas spirit.

Two kids, about seven or eight, are pooling their money to buy a cheap, crappy video game. They raided their stash, as it was a few singles and a bunch of change. I felt like being nice, so I went and got a couple copies of some promotional comics I've had sitting around for at least six months. They went absolutely insane and had grins ear to ear. They ran up to their mom and were all 'look what we got'. Mom came over and gave what was actually a heartfelt thank-you.

It's the small things like this that almost make up for having to deal with the adult assholes.

So despite everyone/everything pissing me off in the last day and a half, I can still manage to have something of the Christmas spirit.

Two kids, about seven or eight, are pooling their money to buy a cheap, crappy video game. They raided their stash, as it was a few singles and a bunch of change. I felt like being nice, so I went and got a couple copies of some promotional comics I've had sitting around for at least six months. They went absolutely insane and had grins ear to ear. They ran up to their mom and were all 'look what we got'. Mom came over and gave what was actually a heartfelt thank-you.

It's the small things like this that almost make up for having to deal with the adult assholes.

:yes:

Ebay is awesome, like a thrift shop that you don't have to hunt down yourself. Since I'm at uni I can get away with changing my image a little because quite frankly I'd have to dress in full medieval clowning gear to look dafter than some of my fellow students (and I'm never going to take as much time on my hair), so I've decided to progress from the 3/4 length jacket and hoodie I've been rocking to the suit jacket and hoodie. Thanks to ebay I just picked up a standard grey suit jacket and a brown tweed number for under £30 inc P&P. Might drop some cash on some cord jeans too. In a world where the cost of looking like you vaguely care about your appearance costs insane amounts on the high street, it's nice to be able to pick up a second hand garment from a guy in Aberdeen for under a tenner.