Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My two cents: if you're serious about podcasting, I'd scrap it and re-record it. With the number of podcasts out there at this point, not just in general but in specific niches, you've got to be strong from the word go if you want to build an audience.

Agreed. I did a test recording for a podcast concept I had a couple of months back, but upon listening to the recording later I realised there were a few flaws I'd need to solve before I could turn it into something I had confidence in. The current standard is high, and you want your own work to reflect that.

Those shots are totally alien to me. Here one inch of snow is a lot.

I've decided that I'm actually going to set myself some New Year's Resolutions this year for the first time ever. Got three so far-

-Not going to cut my hair. Never done this before, always kept it near-military short to prevent fuss and bother. It's also been a requirement since in my old engineering job longer hair would be destroyed by mastic, oil and other chemicals, and up until recently I've had to use a helmet for my moped, so unless it was short my hair would look like shit all the time. This time I'm just going see how long I'm willing to let it go. Might tidy it up at points to keep it respectable, but it'll be a nice change. Might as well do it before the family baldness kicks in. No beards though, I've been down that road before.

-Going to break my habit of biting my nails. Had it since I was a kid, never been able to stop but I'm looking up tips and trying to change this habit.

-Going to lose some weight again. Currently about 205, going to try to get down to 185 by doing really basic things, like cycling every day I can and ditching unhealthy eating almost entirely. Starting this one already, I'm back on the grilled turkey steaks and microwaved veg.

Setting these three out now so I can work out a plan and stick to it. I'll put them in the 2011 resolutions thread when it goes up

Is it Arrested Development Day or something?

I drunkenly cast the Earth-2.net gang as the AD characters in Chat last night.

I think it was something like:

Koete: Michael

dc20willsave: Lucille? Lindsay?

Dubs: Buster

Me: GOB

Des: George

Dan: Oscar

Sims: Tobias or Ron Howard?

Hannah: Maeby

Ian: Ron Howard?

There was probably more? Doug might have been George Michael, I don't know.