Randomness

Missy

My roommates's dog has broken one of his claws really badly and it's in a ton of pain. Problem is, with the blizzard that rolled through here 48 hours ago, we're stranded in our house and can't get to a vet. Is there anything we can do to help the dog alleviate the pain?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My roommates's dog has broken one of his claws really badly and it's in a ton of pain. Problem is, with the blizzard that rolled through here 48 hours ago, we're stranded in our house and can't get to a vet. Is there anything we can do to help the dog alleviate the pain?

I'm afraid I wouldn't know, but I hope the dog gets better ASAP.

Depending on the dosage, aspirin can be used on dogs. It's something you should be able to figure out based on the dog's relative size. My heart goes out to Waldo. ...I love dogs so damn much.

EDIT:

From this site:

The current standard dosage of aspirin recommended by most veterinarians is 5mg to 10mg per pound of the dog’s weight, or about 10-20mg per kg weight for every 12 hour period.

To further reduce any effects of stomach irritation, it is also recommended to give your dog aspirin at meal time. Your vet may also prescribe a gastric mucosal protectant, such as misoprostol (Cytotec) or sucralfate (Carafate) to prevent this complication.

Finished a first draft of one of the two essays I've been trying to do for weeks! Shame it's bollocks, and doesn't really answer the question of why Public Service Broadcasting is unworkable in this age. But hey, at least it's done.

And my second essay, on the history of radio and commercial radio, with mention of a local radio station and where I see the future of radio going.....is first draft done!!

Shame I wrote inconceivable drivel that made no sense and seems to just run all over the page.

Sarah Palin just needs to shut her mouth. Or have her speechwriter fired. Comparing being blamed for rhetoric that led to our current political climate to BLOOD LIBEL (an anti-Semitic term referring to why it was okay to kill Jews - because they used the blood of Christian kids for Passover, false for the record) is not the same thing. What. The. Fuck.

So, apparently according to the sign shift, I'm now a Libra. Yeah, fuck that. Scorpio forever. Cause scorpions are awesomer than... scales or what the hell ever.

Don't worry. It hasn't changed.

I love the astrologist there.

"Yeah, people figure this out every couple years. We've already rehearsed our answer."

Honestly, it takes balls to be that full of shit for a career.

I don't get it, may I be enlightened?

It's not exactly the type of film you'd expect Criterion to release.

I dunno. It's a film that is creative with the media, was misunderstood at it's release, and and was a success with the critics. I mean, if they automatically give everyone of Wes Anderson's releases the Criterion Status, is Chasing Amy was a Criterion release, and Lars von Trier's Antichrist gets one and it's kinda... not good, then I see no reason why a film like Scott Pilgrim vs The World can't get a Criterion Release. I mean, fucking Armageddon got a Criterion Collection release.