Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get some strange joy out of paying off my credit card, and being able to say, the stuff I bought, is actually mine now.

Also, I'm weird about food, I can't eat in-front of other people, unless they're also eating, and just can't eat in any restaurants alone, I always feel awkward, for some reason. Nobody really gives a shit that you're eating alone, but that doesn't stop me, having the feeling strange about it.

When dining alone, I prefer to eat at a place with bar service, so at least you get the chance to talk to other diners or the bar staff who are normally friendly. Some of my best experiences while travelling around the US a few years ago were just rocking up to a bar, ordering a burger and chatting to the guy next to me.

Back home here in Melbourne, I ended up going to one place a fair bit to eat and ended up getting invited out with the staff for drinks one night. Sure it may have been pity, but so is much of my sex life.

Background, UK rapper/singer Dappy is a horrible little shit. He's been arrested for assaulting girls in nightclubs, been accused of threatening people with a gun, been hauled off flights for disorderly conduct and during a radio 1 interview he got the number of a caller in who was critical and sent her numerous threatening texts whilst his band N-Dubs were the public faces of an anti-bullying campaign. They offered the caller free tickets to a concert as a way of saying sorry.

I heard Dappy's debut single No Regrets today, which focusses on the media disapproval of him and his poor public image. I actually liked it until I heard the actual lyrics, then I realised its actually fucking terrible, one of the worst songs ever, and it's all down to the words and the man saying them. I feel I have to explain why, even if it's just for my own benefit. It's a cocktail of lazy movie and celebrity references, refusals to take responsibility for his mistakes, misguided self-belief and calls for sympathy because he's so hard done by. Listen to this tripe-

oo-oh-oo-oh-oo-ohhh Na Na Na Na Na (x2)

Hear me out…

This is my king’s speech, movie reference 1 I’m nowhere near the end,

If I s-stutter… Sorry I ain’t heaven’s sent,

I messed my life up Dappy was caught sending abusive text messages to women whist his group N-Dubz was the public face of an anti-bullying campaign, yeah I’ve been down,

I’m a changed man now… Chris Brown famous person reference 1,

Ya know I feel your pain ‘cos I done been through it, Yes, when choosing a man to model your own case after it's wise to pick a guy who beat his girlfriend bloody, that's a great category to be in. When he's talking about pain maybe he's referring to the bruises on Chris Brown's knuckles.

I’m Kurt Cobain famous person reference 2 but I just couldn’t do it,

No point in turning back, just to hit rewind,

Back To The Future.. movie reference 2 Ma.. Marty McFly, Famous character and irritating repetition

Be the deciders with fire’cos I’m no longer looking in a reflection that I admire,

I paint a picture of a fire… But there’s no one looking back at me since I’m a liar, Er, what? Ok Liar and fire rhyme I guess, but this doesn't actually mean anything.

If I should die before I wake.. The least that I could ever say,

I made mistakes but held on to my faith… Isn't that the excuse of the main villain from the Hunchback of Notre Dame?

‘Cos when I look in a mirror…I don’t even recognize myself, Oh you're Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap?

Got the heart of a winner… but looking back at me is someone else.

No Regrets (x2), REALLY? No regrets? Not even over getting caught very publicly being a prick?

No point in crying over yesterday

No Regrets (x2),

‘Cos we ain’t even seen the best of days

oo-oh-oo-oh-oo-ohhh Na Na Na Na Na

oo-oh-oo-oh-oo-ohhh

This is my last chance, I’m on my final straw,

I came so close to b-breaking like a spinal chord, Your mental imagery is fucked up man, most people would break many things before a spine, or at least phrase it better.

I came from nothing… Some kid in Camden,

Now I’m flying with the birds.. Richard Branson, famous person reference 3.

I’m a prince.. Yes I will.. Get the crown,

Kate stays in my dungeon when her sister’s round, What the fuck man? You're talking about keeping a princess in your fucking twisted sex basement whilst you sleep with her sister? What the actual FUCK?

So please forgive me.. If I make mistakes, Why would be give you the benefit of the doubt after what you just said?

But I’ll blow the bloody doors off… Movie Reference 3 Michael Caine famous person reference 4

If I should die before I wake.. The least that I could ever say,

I made mistakes but held on to my faith…Faith in what exactly?

Ohhhhhh,

‘Cos when I look in a mirror…I don’t even recognize myself, If Sam Beckett jumped into you he'd be ashamed.

Got the heart of a winner… but looking back at me is someone else.

No Regrets (x2),

No point in crying over yesterday

No Regrets (x2),

‘Cos we ain’t even seen the best of days

I’m free to be whatever I… Stealing lyrics to set up another reference.

‘Cos I’m famous.. Call me Gallagher.. Famous person reference 5 ‘Cos I’m so shameless, Yes you are shameless. This song was supposed to be some sort of apology at the start right?

The papers sold a page at the cost of my failures,

Victimised by the public… AAAAHH, POOR DAPPY. Such an innocent victim in all this don’t know if I can take this,

So I sing “So when you feel like there’s no more nothing left but the life you’ve broken.”

No regrets.. No turning back.. Pick up yourself and tell them I’m just being me… Yes, and you are a horrible little shit.

Ohhhhhh,

REPEAT CHORUS AD NAUSEUM

hats-dappy-590x350.jpg

Go fuck yourself Dappy.

Whilst I agree with Tom, he's gone way further than I'd ever bother going with Dappy. I remember when I was Head of Music at my student radio station, and my music team and I laughed the N-Dubz promo CDs off of the playlist. Mainstream commercial stations can't afford to do that, even if they want to, hence I stopped pursuing a career in radio.

IT'S N-DUBZ'S FAULT!!!! N-DUBZ (and partially my ex-girlfriend dumping me around that time) BUT MOSTLY N-DUBZ!!!!!!!! DAPPY, TULISA, AND WHATEVER THE OTHER GUY'S CALLED, I BLAME YOU!!! BURN IN THE FIERY INFERNO - I WILL HAVE "NO REGRETS"!!!!

http://www.theonion....vel-unive,2829/

Area Man Has Far Greater Knowledge Of Marvel Universe Than Own Family Tree

OCTOBER 17, 2009| I

RELATED ARTICLES

LA CROSSE, WI—Returning to his hometown to attend a cousin's wedding Saturday, Josh Sundling, 29, reportedly demonstrated on numerous occasions a vast, far more intricate understanding of the fictional Marvel Comics Universe than of his own family's genealogy.

Enlarge ImageArea-Man-marvel-article_large2_0_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

Sundling, who cannot identify his ancestral homeland or the meaning of his surname, possesses extensive knowledge of the creation of superhero teams, the history of imaginary alien races, and the special powers of countless characters.

"We're from Sweden or Norway or somewhere around there," said Sundling, who when prompted can accurately detail the origins of each cartoon member of the X-Men, the Avengers, the Defenders, and the Squadron Supreme. "I don't know for sure. I never really asked about it."

Though Sundling reportedly reread several issues of Moon Knight recently and found himself enjoying the subplot of the hero's romantic involvement with Tigra, it is believed he did not realize his cousin was dating anyone until he received an invitation to the wedding.

"I guess Andy had been engaged for a while," Sundling said of his cousin Tom, whom he has met on 26 separate occasions and once spent two weeks with at summer camp but routinely confuses with other relatives. "One of my aunts was telling me about it. Whichever one used to have the long dark hair and kind of looked like former Alpha Flight member Diamond Lil."

"She cut it, though, and now it's white and curly," Sundling added. "Kind of looks like Daily Bugle editor in chief Joe Robertson's haircut. Especially if you look at those old issues from the '70s, back when Ross Andru was drawing him."

According to family sources, not only is Sundling not familiar with his family's heritage and history, but the 29-year-old also appears more emotionally attached to the fictional characters in his comic books than to many of his blood relatives.

"Josh has always loved those cartoons," said uncle Donald Grier, whom Sundling believes to be one of his father's friends from college. "I remember one time he cried after reading about Captain America, because the Captain's little helper guy had died."

"It was weird because I'd never seen him cry before," Grier said. "Not even at Papa's funeral.

Though Sundling is unaware that his grandmother was the first female valedictorian at La Crosse Central High, or that ancestors on his mother's side narrowly escaped famine by fleeing across the Atlantic with nothing but the clothes on their backs, he has been known to confidently discuss the histories of the Skrull, Kree, and Shi'ar civilizations. Sundling also has a working knowledge of Jean Grey's complex family tree, which contains multiple clones and characters from other realities.

Sources confirmed that Sundling does not know his grandmother's maiden name.

"It's so fascinating that Jean Grey and Cyclops had a child from an alternate future who ends up marrying Franklin Richards, who is the son of Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman," said the man who did not recognize his own nephew at the wedding. "And then their kid, Hyperstorm, travels back in time and attacks the Fantastic Four."

"I've always been drawn to superhero pedigrees and how they pass traits down from one generation to the next," said Sundling, completely unaware that colon cancer runs in his family. "It'd just be cool to have something rare in common with your relatives."terminator.gif