Green Lantern

JackFetch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word going around is that Angela Bassett has been cast as Amanda Waller.

Since I can't see how Waller would fit into a GL movie, my guess is that they're going to use her in the Nick Fury / "I'm forming a team" role. (Or, since it's Waller, she'll be forming a team to fight these new heroes if need be.)

Word going around is that Angela Bassett has been cast as Amanda Waller.

Since I can't see how Waller would fit into a GL movie, my guess is that they're going to use her in the Nick Fury / "I'm forming a team" role. (Or, since it's Waller, she'll be forming a team to fight these new heroes if need be.)

Connecting the Suicide Squad movie to this one establishing the DC movie universe?

Waller's character has always been connected to the military and intelligence communities. There are enough ways to bring her in that don't have to start out with Task Force X or Checkmate.

Yeah, exactly. They've already announced a senator character for the film, so they're definitely going with a government angle.

• 3 weeks later...

That doesn't look like a jewel to me.

They seem to want to make everything alien and Unearthly which I am in total favor of so I don't see it as a jewel.

Okay, bulb. Round emerald-colored thing. Globe.

It's the actual light that's in an actual lantern. What I was saying is that the comics illustrate the silver outline as being the green glowing element, not the round object in the middle. Actually, usually there isn't anything in the middle at all.

Geoff Johns on visiting the set:

The movie looks fantastic. I'm heading back down to New Orleans in a few weeks, but I just watched the Abin Sur/Hal Jordan dailies, and it's amazing seeing that ring passed to Hal in live action. Abin Sur looks kick-ass.

They did such a great job. They've got Grant [Major] as a production designer. He's from "Lord of the Rings," and the visuals on this film are nothing like you could imagine. It's definitely a Green Lantern fan's dream. For me, it's kind of insane to see this stuff come to life.

And Ryan Reynolds is a perfect Hal Jordan. He brings a lot of humor to it, but he also has the humanity that Hal has. And a little bit of the arrogance, so it's a great match.

http://superherohype.com/news/greenlanternnews.php?id=9287

I'm glad that they are doing some of the aliens without cgi.

• 2 weeks later...
Warner Home Video has announced that Clash of the Titans will be released as a Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Combo Pack on July 27th and will include a sneak peek at director Martin Campbell's Green Lantern.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/greenlanternnews.php?id=9342

The old "buy something shitty to get something good" model. I haven't seen it used this well since Zone of the Enders had the MGS 2 demo in it.