The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

You ever get to one of those points where you just don't feel like getting up anymore. That everything just feels like a massive chore, and you don't want to deal with anything anymore? And life, loving irony, drops a ton of shit into your lap, and you just can't deal with it, right now?

Yeah, I've felt that way for the past two-three weeks.

And to everyone who knows me, I'm really to personally proud to outright ask someone for help, so for me, even asking for the smallest thing can be a herculean task, so, whatever I say may mean nothing to you, but it damn sure meant a lot to me, and I will always try and treat you fairly, and justly, but I guess, asking for the same in return, is as always in this life, to much to ask.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you do, when your life is in a state, and every day, a close friend comes to you and asks you for help. And you try and help them out, but in the process, it sucks all the life out of you, adding their life stresses to your own, and is causing you to just constantly feel to weak to handle your own problems, that seem to be mounting up?

Every day, you help that person, and you think you've made progress, but the very next day, they go back to where they started, talking about suicide and other issues, and you feel like you're the only person that could help, and you want to help, but you're just being constantly driven down by their situation, and how it is sort of fucking up your life.

That's what's happening to me right now, and to be honest, I just don't feel I have the strength to help them anymore.

So, I just got called into an office and was informed that my company is getting out of the life insurance business by the end of the month. This is kind of like Ford announcing that in three weeks they're going to stop making cars. I will know in the next week or so whether or not I still have a job come the new year.

I am seriously pissed.

So, about a week ago, when Xbox Live updated the 360's menu system, they also updated their website. They added the ability to cancel your automatic Xbox Live subscription online. "Great!" I thought, because my bank account was about empty and I didn't need any overdraft fees. So I went to cancel it, and got an error. I thought "Huh. Well, they did just overhaul the site; maybe they need a few days to get it working." And in the meantime, I see that my next renewal date is the 26th of December, so I've got plenty of time. Fast-forward to last night. I go back online and successfully cancel the subscription. Hooray. Now here's where things get weird.

I've been feeling bad lately because I haven't had the money to buy my family any presents for Christmas. I know I don't need to; I just want to. So today, when I get a $100 check in the mail from my grandmother, I hurriedly drive to the bank and deposit it, then run to the gas station and spend $50 on gas and motor oil (My gas tank was empty and my car burns oil like crazy). Then when I check my bank balance afterward, it turns out that Xbox Live actually charged me for a renewal yesterday (when they said they wouldn't until the 26th), thus overcharging my account and giving me a $35 overdraft fee. So now instead of having the remaining $50 left over, I have exactly $4.42.

I have a full tank of gas in my car, but that's a little pointless now, isn't it?

When I worked at Best Buy, they had me train my direct supervisor. Twice. Never was I asked, "Mike, do you want the job?" Nope. It was simply, "Mike, this is [whatever his name was]. He's replacing Craig as Warehouse Supervisor. Train him." Then, a year or so later, after I transfered departments, it happened again.

Okay. I love my father. Or at least I'm supposed to say that. But this weekend has gotten me the closest I ever have come to snapping in front of him/the extended family, and I imagine it's only going to get worse as things go on.

He was purposely trying to show my mother up with his gifts this weekend to me and the girls, and apparently there's more coming with his paycheck on Friday. Uhm, what the hell? I get that he is trying to show that he's a good dad by buying us all this stuff, I guess, but seriously, that was a source of major awkwardness. Mom can't buy much because of her income, but she really tried to go with stuff we needed/wanted, and that's what mattered to me. That he's using his income to try and show her up just makes me feel awful about this whole thing.

He also treats my second youngest sister like shit, and I don't know how much longer I can take him doing that. She calls me/texts me sometimes at night in tears. And he admitted it in front of the extended family, but said it was healthy transferrence from the youngest sister, and no, it isn't, you ass. It doesn't help that he basically threw both me and her to the wolves that are my extended family at Christmas this weekend. Yes, uncle and aunt, I am rooming with another man, because it is convenient and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the alternative. No, I am not fucking him. Thank you for giving them that impression, Dad. Really classy.

And trying to use me as an excuse to go fuck whoever it is he's fucking now that's not my mother today by trying to drag me back ridiculously early instead of taking me home like my mother did last night (which made far more sense anyways), when he were bragging about taking the whole week off this week and now he's suddenly needing to go into work on Tuesday? Yeah. Don't talk to me right now about what you think about my mother. You're just about the lowest form of life to me right about now, and the reason I'm skipping the Easter holidays with the family is because I know I will end up calling him out on his many, many affairs in front of the extended family when he drags my mother through the mud again.

You're burning your bridges with us, Dad, and I guess that's what you want. Just keep it up, see how that goes for you.

So yeah. Investing in those $6 bottles of champagne this weekend.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I'm not going to go into detail about the straw that broke the camels back here (It was more a ton of bricks, than anything else) but basically, I've been dealing with feelings of self doubt about my career prospects with my degree, and the fact that I'm actually not getting anywhere with my progress for my major, which is Radio Production, along with money issues, and the strain of being a god awful driver, and constantly feeling like I'm letting people close to me, who've invested a lot of time and money to make my life easier, down.

I'm also trying to learn to drive, and it's nigh on impossible, as I'm just an awful driver, and just constantly feel like I'm wasting money and not making any progress with any of this.

Those issues and insomnia really do cause me to just lose touch with being able to be on top of these seemingly small things, that I should be able to handle, but as they are all coming at me at once, and then having follow up effects in quick succession.

Sorry for the long post, and rambling points.

• 2 weeks later...

My family had a new years dinner, and didn't tell me. it wasn't a last minute thing, as my brother, who lives a forty minute drive away went, and brought his two kids. One of my other brothers accidentally told me about it.

My new external hard drive, which I bought a few months ago, and has years worth of work, and over 200GB of other files on it, decided to die on me.

I have coursework to be finished by Wednesday, and all the files I needed to use, were on my external drive.

My internet at home, and the phone line have been dead since just after new years day, and three times BT have meant to come out, and decided to just no show.

Yeah, this new year has just been fucking fantastic for me so far.