What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those of you who haven't seen TS3, be ready for it to kinda break your heart into a tiny thousand pieces, while making you laugh just a few seconds beforehand. It's Up, BUT WORSE.

My heirarchy:

1. Up

2. Toy Story 3

3. Wall-E (completely ignoring that rather pointed message, it's all about the robot love story for me)

4. The Incredibles

5. Finding Nemo

6. Toy Story 2

7. Ratatouille

8. Toy Story

9. Monsters Inc.

10. A Bug's Life

11. Cars

The old man hollered down the stairs to me "Hey, we're watching "Batman and Robin"." I immediately assumed the Joel Schumacher flick, thus I responded, "Batman and Robin" is a piece of shit." Turns out he meant the 60's TV show, which I thoroughly enjoyed, highlighted by this line, as I watched, still wearing my Hush BatLogo T-shirt: "Seriously, Pop, this shit is so bad, that they haven't used King Tut since. They re-invented him as a Greek Dude named Maxie Zeus, and he's still fucking awful."

I just started that new Avengers cartoon's first episode. Iron Man sounds odd, like some really bad imitation of RDJ but without any of the charm. And Iron Man is an unlikable dick.

Theme song is generic and shit. The only words I could make out were Avengers Assemble.

And near the end of the first episode, I don't think I can find any reason to ever watch this show again.

I've heard it gets better pretty soon, so I'll keep watching.

Not really.

It did. It was never as good as Joss's other shows, but they managed to weave together a really nice overarching plot as the show went on. I wasn't initially thrilled but I found the series as a whole well worth the effort.

Now that I have a couple weeks of vacation before the spring semester starts, I'm going to be playing catch up on 2010's films. Here's the order in my Netflix que (the first two of which I'll be watching this weekend):

The Ghost Writer

Winter's Bone

Easy A

Jonah Hex

The Secret in Their Eyes

Greenberg

The Expendables

The Runaways

The Losers

Date Night

Predators

Hot Tub Time Machine

Love Ranch

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

The Killer Inside Me

How To Train Your Dragon

The Wolfman

I'll be adding more as they become available and have The Social Network pre-ordered.

Black Swan: I wasn't blown away, but I certainly wasn't underwhelmed. I was just kinda... there. Portman was good, but I just kind of wanted the movie to be over. I knew it was well made, and what-not, but Aaronofsky just kind of has that effect on me. There is very little pleasantness happening in the film, outside of the art of it. The most likable character was Lily, and she still drugged a mentally unstable woman. Beautifully done film, but not one I'm sure I ever want to see again, so, much the same as most of Aaronofsky's previous projects.

Dr. Strangelove - One of my favourite movies of all time. Every time I watch this I catch something new.

Peter Sellers owns the movie with his ad-libbing, while George C. Scott is dragged kicking and screaming to a perfect comedic performance. Sterling Hayden plays a fool with such stern conviction that you can't help but laugh. A film like this could never be made today and the art is lesser for it.

Black Swan in three words: Bitches be crazy.

Just got back from True Grit. Love it as much as the original, but in a different way. Would've loved to have seen Bridges do some of the more famous Wayne one-liners, bit I still got shivers at "fill your hands". Bridges and the girl who played Mattie kicked all the asses.