Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Former WWE star Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson, the name we'll have to get used to calling him by again) was released today as punishment for going beyond the company's PG standards and practices during the NXT invasion angle on Monday, according to sources within the company. The belief among those I spoke to is that ... See Morewhen Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.

I am told that the final decision was made earlier today and Danielson was informed shortly before the company publicly announced it. For those who are thinking this is an angle, I am told by everyone I have spoken to that it is not, although I want to point out a number of wrestlers in the company do believe it is a work.

For those who are wondering why the company is giving Danielson such a harsh punishment, well a former company executive is running for office, although how much of a cause and effect is there is anyone's guess. It's certainly a viable theory, since the company has been very gun shy about going outside of their PG rating.

There's no word as to whether Danielson was aware of the protocol at the time of the angle, although the Roberts choking was one of the elements that made the end of Raw so memorable. It's interesting to note that at least on the company's Youtube.com channel, the incident, including the choke, are still available for viewing.

The loss of Danielson will immediately change the future of the WWE NXT angle since he was considered the most versatile and well rounded performer of the group and would have been extremely important in carry the brunt of the in-ring work load.

The release of Danielson does put him in an amazing position on the independent scene. How many top flight stars get signed, leave, and get released right after laying out the WWE champion?

We'll have more on this as it develops.

http://pwinsider.com/article/48269/why-daniel-bryan-was-released-by-wwe-last-night-.html?p=1

Danielson choked Justin Roberts with his tie, he broke a company protocol that was put in place after the Benoit tragedy that talents were not to use ropes or objects to choke opponents.

I have to call bovine feces here.

In 2008, Jericho used an electrical cable to strangle JBL - several months after Benoit killed his family. If I recall correctly, Orton used foreign objects to choke Cena on several occasions as recently as last year. I'm sure we could come up with many more examples that took place well after the Benoit murders.

Make no mistake: the purpose of this is to make WWE look better for Linda's US Senate race. If Linda wins her race, you can expect WWE programming to be gutted for the next 6 years.

This will present an opportunity for TNA, should they start having some sensible booking.

I'm not saying WWE should be taking chances with the health of their employees - everyone should be working safe, obviously. But "choking" someone with a foreign object? When everyone knows that no one is actually being choked? Come on. That's just silly.

I really don't think it's a Linda thing. If it was, they wouldn't have shot it in the first place, and it wouldn't have been a whole week before the backlash.

It's a Mattel thing. Someone from Mattel complained and they needed a scapegoat.

WWE thinks that they're going to be able to sign him back in three months, but honestly, TNA just got a new main eventer.

WWE thinks that they're going to be able to sign him back in three months, but honestly, TNA just got a new main eventer.

I was about to post how Desmond Wolfe has been screwed over in TNA. Then I remembered how Bryan has been with main eventers in WWE, and was last seen spitting on Cena and saying he's better than him. So yeah, he'll be facing Angle for the title by BFG.

- Alex Riley is a fucking god on the mic. He's the most obvious to win.

I just watched the show, and I am agreeing with you here, the guy plays the dickhead character so well.

Oh my Jesus is Eli Cottonwood horrible. I knew he was going to be bad, but... there's no way this guy sticks around at the end of the season. He can't even do a headlock.

Khali and Big Show are tailending their careers, I think this is the guy being groomed to replace them. So, I say he'll be around for a year.

Titus O Neal is going to be good in a few years. Loved when Ryder called from the apron "now do your bark!"

That was funny. Shame the match was shit.

Husky Harris is surprisingly good. Best in-ring of the four that wrestled on the show. My dark horse pick to go far.

If he had the Miz, and not Cody to finally snap at in the end, I'd agree with you. He looks effective in the ring.

Percy Watson is still my favorite wrestler. He can't work for shit, but I don't care.

He's a little annoying, but his DDT looked good. Showy, but good.

"My grandfather is Larry Hennig. My dad is Curt Hennig. It's up to me to continue the HENNIG family legacy. By the way, my name is Michael McGillicutty."

Yeah, but he looks good in the promo.

All in all, a bland show sadly, one that I will be skimming from now on.

Done with ECW, which was his life. Everyone knew he was going to TNA even before he left WWE.

No one in wrestling ever retires. Ric Flair got the greatest send off in the history of wrestling and was back in a year.

According to ProWrestling.net, it appears as if TNA Knockout Roxxi is finished with the company yet again. Before and after her match tonight at Slammiversary, the report indicates that a source within TNA noted that Roxxi was visibly upset.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Roxxi was not told of the loser leaves TNA match stipulation until today, and this is most likely the reason why Roxxi was upset, as she was unaware she'd be leaving the company yet again. Because both Angelina Love and Daffney are cleared to return to the ring, it appears as if TNA no longer needs or has any creative plans for Roxxi.

To follow up on a previous report, WrestleZone can now exclusively confirm that TNA Knockout Roxxi is indeed done with the company following tonight's Slammiversary PPV.

According to what I was told, Roxxi was informed of her release from the company in Orlando today, which is why she was upset prior to and after her bout against Madison Rayne.

Additionally, I was told that the feeling backstage is that TNA handled the situation awfully, and most objected to the way the company handed Roxxi her release on the day of a PPV event.

To follow up on a previous report, WrestleZone can now exclusively confirm a story that the Observer confirmed for us.

Dreamer wasn't the big surprise. They said that wouldn't be made clear for a couple more weeks.

CM Punk made reference to the incident that led to Daniel Bryan's WWE release at Sunday night's SmackDown live event from Hampton, Virginia. Before his match with Kane. Punk entered the ring and forced ring announcer Tony Chimel into the corner of the ring. Punk grabbed Chimel's neck tie and looked back and forth between the tie and Chimmel's face, threatening him.

Ha

TNA is cleaning house finally. Scott Hall, Roxxi, and ODB are all reportedly gone. Also, the rumor is they will stop doing PPVs and do live tv specials instead.

I hear the way they handled the Roxxi thing was BS. They either told her just before her match at Slammiversary that she was done with the company, ODB has been annoying for well over a year and Hall, I'm just sad he fucked up again.

Moving to TV specials is a step backwards for TNA, not a step forwards. This makes them look even more inferior to WWE. Still, it could in theory get more people watching TNA.

If they move to tv specials it confirms what I've heard about Spike tv being the ones paying the bills now. The Hogan/Bischoff deal is with Spike, not TNA like most believe.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Spike went nuts after all the money they put into TNA, for no difference in the ratings.

Seems like WWE is calling the nXt group "The Radicals".

radicalz.jpg

Choking people with a tie makes people remember Benoit. Naming the new group after a group that included Benoit will not make people remember Benoit. Right.

Oh, I get it now. They're different because the Benoit group was the Radicalz, because ending words with z was edgy and cool. Nope, no problems here.