Every comic you've read in 2009

Missy

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 1: rereading these lately and there are so many damn gems that it'll be difficult adding some variety to upcoming King and I's. Some of his best work was that seventies DC stuff, that's for sure. 10/10

Total

Comic books: 375

Trade paperbacks: 17

Graphic novels: 3

Jan 01-Aug 28=300 comics, 13 TPBs, 1 GN...Wednesday Comics #3, Wednesday Comics #4, Adventure Comics #1, Luke Cage Noir #1, Red Herring #1, Ultimate Comics Avengers #1, Batgirl #1, Blackest Night: Superman #1, Dominic Fortune #1, The Red Circle: The Web #1, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1, Chew #1, Walking Dead #59-64, Viking #1, Broken Trinity #1-3, Broken Trinity: Witchblade #1, Broken Trinity: Aftermath #1, Fell #8-9, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #4, FVZA #1, newuniversal: Shockfront #1,2, newuniversal 1959, newuniversal Conqueror, Daredevil #116-119, Justice League of America #31, 32, Captain America Comics #1 70th Anniversary, The Human Torch Comics #1 70th Anniversary, Sub-Mariner Comics #1 70th Anniversary, Justice Society of America #25, 26, Simon Dark #18, The Flash Rebirth #1-3, Essential Man-Thing volume 1, 28 Days Later #1, Army of Darkness: Ash Saves Obama #1, Batman: The Widening Gyre #1, The Darkness / Pitt #1, Fantastic Four #570, Seaguy #1-3, Terror Inc. #1-5, Wolfskin Annual #1, Wormwood: The Last Enemy, Batman and Robin #3, Blackest Night #2, Blackest Night: Titans #1, Blackest Night: Batman #1, Green Lantern #45, Green Lantern Corps #39, Doom Patrol #1, Marvel Comics #1 70th Anniversary, All Winners #1 70th Anniversary, Captain America: Reborn #2, The Marvels Project #1, Frankenstein's Womb, Irredeemable Vol 1, Hunter, Young Lovecraft vol 1, Night of the Living Dead #1, 2, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 1

Starman vol. 4: Times Past - A series of one-shots that looks at the adventures of those who took up the Starman mantle in the past (and in the future, I think). Some stories are great, some are long and boring, but overall it's a neat collection that fits into the themes of the series and it helps give the reader a larger scope of the Starman universe and the characters that inhabit it. In all honesty, the Shade journal entries were some of the best parts of this volume along with those issues that dealt with characters closer to the forefront of the series (The Knight family).

Daredevil by Brubaker - Devil Inside and Out vol. 1 - I really thought this was a great start to the Brubaker run and a perfect continuation to the stories that Bendis had set up. Murdock in jail with many of the villains he put in there is just fascinating. Brubaker works wonders with that part of the story. The stuff that didn't resonate with me was the whole pulling the strings stuff that was going on, especially outside of Murdock's own work, I just didn't get it and it was hard to follow. I also think that

they blew their load on the Foggy Nelson still alive reveal, they really should have drew that out a bit and ruined the emotional resonance that came with his "death." It made the final issue kind of mild since most of it was following the who killed Foggy story and how is he connected to this other Daredevil.

Overall I thought the stuff going on inside Rykers was fantastic, everything going outside Rykers was a bit confusing.

Also the Punisher cameo worked perfect in the story about how far across the line does Murdock cross.

A worthy follow-up.

Total:

Comic books: 9

Trade paperbacks: 88

Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Volumes 1, 2, and 3; The Authority by Ellis/Hitch/Millar/Quietly Volumes 1 (Relentless) and 2 (Under New Management) and 3 (Transfer of Power); Batman: Year One; Batman: The Long Halloween; Planetary vol 1 (All Over the World and Other Stories), vol. 2 (The Fourth Man), and vol. 3 (Leaving the 20th Century), Planetary Crossing Worlds (The Crossover specials); Planetary 19-26; Batman: The Man Who Laughs; Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear; RONIN; JOKER; Deadpool #1; Punisher Max vol. 1-4; Penance: Relentless; Thunderbolts by Warren Ellis vol 1-2; Thunderbolts: Secret Invasion, Astonishing X-men Hardcovers volume 1 and 2, Daredevil: Born Again, Y: The Last Man vol. 1-10, The incredible Hulk: Tempest Fugit, Marvels, Daredevil: Redemption, Daredevil: Yellow, Hard-boiled, Hulk: Dogs of War, Spider-man: India, R.I.P.D., Daredevil: Love Labors Lost, District X vol. 1, Walking Dead vol. 1-8, Deadpool vol. 1: Secret Invasion, Superman: Red Son, Batman and Son, Justice League International vol. 1, Bullseye's Greatest Hits, Marvel 1985, X-men Children of the Atom, The Dark Phoenix Saga, Batman: Hush vol 1-2, Batman: Nine Lives, Walking Dead vol. 9, 52 vol. 1-4, Batman: Gothic, X-men: God Loves Man Kills, Daredevil by Bendis vol 4-7 and vol 9-13, X-men: Mutant Genesis, Transmetropolitan vol. 1 (Back on the Street), Starman vol. 1-3, JLA vol. 1, Hunter Killer vol. 1, Starman vol. 4: Times Past, Daredevil by Brubaker vol. 1: Devil Inside and Out

Incarnate #2-Thoughts on DM111

Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 2-This one might have some of my all-time favorite Kirby stories, It's inspired me to have a New Gods November for The King and I. Four, one on an issue from each FW title every week. First Godfrey, Sonny Sumo, Young Mister Miracle...fucking greatness. 10/10

Total

Comic books: 376

Trade paperbacks: 18

Jan 01-Aug 28=300 comics, 13 TPBs, 1 GN...Wednesday Comics #3, Wednesday Comics #4, Adventure Comics #1, Luke Cage Noir #1, Red Herring #1, Ultimate Comics Avengers #1, Batgirl #1, Blackest Night: Superman #1, Dominic Fortune #1, The Red Circle: The Web #1, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1, Chew #1, Walking Dead #59-64, Viking #1, Broken Trinity #1-3, Broken Trinity: Witchblade #1, Broken Trinity: Aftermath #1, Fell #8-9, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #4, FVZA #1, newuniversal: Shockfront #1,2, newuniversal 1959, newuniversal Conqueror, Daredevil #116-119, Justice League of America #31, 32, Captain America Comics #1 70th Anniversary, The Human Torch Comics #1 70th Anniversary, Sub-Mariner Comics #1 70th Anniversary, Justice Society of America #25, 26, Simon Dark #18, The Flash Rebirth #1-3, Essential Man-Thing volume 1, 28 Days Later #1, Army of Darkness: Ash Saves Obama #1, Batman: The Widening Gyre #1, The Darkness / Pitt #1, Fantastic Four #570, Seaguy #1-3, Terror Inc. #1-5, Wolfskin Annual #1, Wormwood: The Last Enemy, Batman and Robin #3, Blackest Night #2, Blackest Night: Titans #1, Blackest Night: Batman #1, Green Lantern #45, Green Lantern Corps #39, Doom Patrol #1, Marvel Comics #1 70th Anniversary, All Winners #1 70th Anniversary, Captain America: Reborn #2, The Marvels Project #1, Frankenstein's Womb, Irredeemable Vol 1, Hunter, Young Lovecraft vol 1, Night of the Living Dead #1, 2, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 1, Incarnate #2, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 2

Daredevil by Brubaker

Inside and Out vol. 2: Ultimately, I really liked the way Brubaker tied up all of the themes and loose ends of Bendis' story in his first year. The second volume actually reminded me of that little unexpected globe-trotting in Dark Knight when Batman goes to Hong Kong, it's a fun little adventure globe-hopping adventure that ties up some of the mysteries laid out by Brubaker in vol. 1. I really liked the circle of violence, innocent bystander theme coming back up here with Murdock and Fisk. It's a fun way to wrap up that chapter in Murdock's life.

Hell to Pay vol. 1 - The first issue of this volume really feeds into the idea that this is a pretty new chapter in Murdock's life, as it recaps events that took place over the entirety of Bendis' run but from Milla's perspective. It brings new readers up to speed and it gets started on the relationship problems that Murdock may find himself in, in the near future. Really these issues deal with the escalation of violence reaching and the connection between violence and madness. It's an interesting viewpoint and takes a rather maligned character and makes him interesting again. Brubaker racks up another mystery for Murdock to solve and it's all fun and good. But it just all seems like more typical superhero fare, more typical DD fare, and not as ground-breaking as before. It's still fun and it's a nice change of pace from Bendis' deconstruction of Murdock the man. Now we get to see more of Daredevil the hero. Just feels like I've been here before.

Total:

Trade paperbacks: 90

Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Volumes 1, 2, and 3; The Authority by Ellis/Hitch/Millar/Quietly Volumes 1 (Relentless) and 2 (Under New Management) and 3 (Transfer of Power); Batman: Year One; Batman: The Long Halloween; Planetary vol 1 (All Over the World and Other Stories), vol. 2 (The Fourth Man), and vol. 3 (Leaving the 20th Century), Planetary Crossing Worlds (The Crossover specials); Planetary 19-26; Batman: The Man Who Laughs; Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear; RONIN; JOKER; Deadpool #1; Punisher Max vol. 1-4; Penance: Relentless; Thunderbolts by Warren Ellis vol 1-2; Thunderbolts: Secret Invasion, Astonishing X-men Hardcovers volume 1 and 2, Daredevil: Born Again, Y: The Last Man vol. 1-10, The incredible Hulk: Tempest Fugit, Marvels, Daredevil: Redemption, Daredevil: Yellow, Hard-boiled, Hulk: Dogs of War, Spider-man: India, R.I.P.D., Daredevil: Love Labors Lost, District X vol. 1, Walking Dead vol. 1-8, Deadpool vol. 1: Secret Invasion, Superman: Red Son, Batman and Son, Justice League International vol. 1, Bullseye's Greatest Hits, Marvel 1985, X-men Children of the Atom, The Dark Phoenix Saga, Batman: Hush vol 1-2, Batman: Nine Lives, Walking Dead vol. 9, 52 vol. 1-4, Batman: Gothic, X-men: God Loves Man Kills, Daredevil by Bendis vol 4-7 and vol 9-13, X-men: Mutant Genesis, Transmetropolitan vol. 1 (Back on the Street), Starman vol. 1-3, JLA vol. 1, Hunter Killer vol. 1, Starman vol. 4: Times Past, Daredevil by Brubaker Devil Inside and Out vol. 1-2, Daredevil by Brubaker Hell To Pay vol. 1,

I finished reading Batman: Ego and Other Tales last night. I think Cooke had a lot more fun with Catwoman than he did with Batman. The Catwoman story is pretty much a Parker novel that just so happens to take place in the DC universe, and it’s awesome. The Batman stories were pretty good, but I enjoyed them for the artwork more than the story. I pretty much just browsed through the stories that weren’t drawn by Cooke.

I’m currently reading through Asterios Polyp. It’s amazing so far. I recently started taking art lessons again, so it’s cool to be able to recognise some the techniques Mazzucchelli uses throughout the book. I think it’s going to take multiple read throughs to fully digest, and even then I’ll probably start looking online to see what others get from it. So far all I can say is that it’s beautiful, and uses the comic medium in really clever ways.

Batman/Judge Dredd: Judgement on Gotham.

This was awesome. The story is Judge Death goes to Gotham, and forms a team with the Scarecrow, and Batman is transported to Mega City 1.

Batman and Dredd are dull in this, and the people who steal the show are the Scarecrow and Judge Death, they work together awesomely. Scarecrow was such a badass in this, if he was written like this more often, then I would care more about the character, when he first sees Judge Death, he just blankly stares at him and says "Boo" it sounds stupid written down, but it is actually well done.

The art is good, it doesn't fit gotham all that well to me, but the characters, Scarecrow in particular, looks awesome.

I really enjoyed this, and already have the book of more team ups between Dredd and Batman on order from DCBS and I really hope their half as good as this.

10/10

The highlight was the page spread of what Judge Death fears.

The books signed by the creative team, but the guy who sold it to me said he couldn't confirm if it was real or not, so I got it for £2.

Just, awesome.

Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 3-Polished this off yesterday. It isn't as awesome as volume 2 but things like Deadman's appearance in Forever People are signalling the end for the FW. It saddens me to see that it was never finished and this is the first volume to give any indication of that. 9/10

Total

Trade paperbacks: 19

Jan 01-Aug 28=300 comics, 13 TPBs, 1 GN...Wednesday Comics #3, Wednesday Comics #4, Adventure Comics #1, Luke Cage Noir #1, Red Herring #1, Ultimate Comics Avengers #1, Batgirl #1, Blackest Night: Superman #1, Dominic Fortune #1, The Red Circle: The Web #1, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1, Chew #1, Walking Dead #59-64, Viking #1, Broken Trinity #1-3, Broken Trinity: Witchblade #1, Broken Trinity: Aftermath #1, Fell #8-9, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #4, FVZA #1, newuniversal: Shockfront #1,2, newuniversal 1959, newuniversal Conqueror, Daredevil #116-119, Justice League of America #31, 32, Captain America Comics #1 70th Anniversary, The Human Torch Comics #1 70th Anniversary, Sub-Mariner Comics #1 70th Anniversary, Justice Society of America #25, 26, Simon Dark #18, The Flash Rebirth #1-3, Essential Man-Thing volume 1, 28 Days Later #1, Army of Darkness: Ash Saves Obama #1, Batman: The Widening Gyre #1, The Darkness / Pitt #1, Fantastic Four #570, Seaguy #1-3, Terror Inc. #1-5, Wolfskin Annual #1, Wormwood: The Last Enemy, Batman and Robin #3, Blackest Night #2, Blackest Night: Titans #1, Blackest Night: Batman #1, Green Lantern #45, Green Lantern Corps #39, Doom Patrol #1, Marvel Comics #1 70th Anniversary, All Winners #1 70th Anniversary, Captain America: Reborn #2, The Marvels Project #1, Frankenstein's Womb, Irredeemable Vol 1, Hunter, Young Lovecraft vol 1, Night of the Living Dead #1, 2, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 1, Incarnate #2, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 2, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 3

Daredevil by Brubaker Hell To Pay vol. 2 - You know, Daredevil has always been a depressing book, but Brubaker really smacks the reader with the harsh reality in this volume. It just gets incredibly dark here and reaches Bendis' levels of hopelessness. It's also really well written story on how grudges are all consuming, destructive, and don't solve problems but only create more. A good story that starts to turn towards the more superheroic side that Bendis began attacking turning the second half of his run.

Daredevil by Brubaker: Cruel and Unusual - I didn't care for this much mainly because I don't feel attached to the new PI character, Dakota North, as she takes center stage. The legal story also gets very busy and doesn't tie into a nice neat bow at the end, well it does, but not as well as Brubaker probably would have liked. It's a nice change of pace though as Brubaker has mainly been attacking Daredevil, the super hero, this shifts the focus back over to the legal realm.

Lady Bullseye - A fun story, again, Brubaker has consistently fun stories, they're just not nearly as resonant as Bendis' stories were. I like the introduction of a new character. But alot of Brubaker's stories are ending with a villain saying "next time" and then it's never followed up. It's starting to get annoying. Anyways, Iron Fist makes an extended cameo in this arc and really works well as the ninjitsu elements that Miller introduced rear their head in this story. Also there's a cameo by the new white tiger, I was upset that they never followed up with her journey on becoming a superhero. But then again, I've got Starman for that.

Also there's a White Tiger TPB about, has anybody read it, is it any good?

I've really enjoyed Brubaker's run thus far. I've got his final TPB being shipped at the end of the month and I'm looking forward to it. His arc tied up a lot of loose ends and really hits the deep dark emotional chords in the first half, while the second half is more light-hearted superhero fare, still serious, but lighthearted at least in comparison for Daredevil's earlier exploits. Overall it's a great run, not as ground breaking or as awesome as Bendis, but certainly good.

Next up is two big hardcover's covering first half of Bruce Jones' Hulk run borrowed and recommended by my friend who's a huge Hulk fan.

Total:

Trade paperbacks: 93

Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Volumes 1, 2, and 3; The Authority by Ellis/Hitch/Millar/Quietly Volumes 1 (Relentless) and 2 (Under New Management) and 3 (Transfer of Power); Batman: Year One; Batman: The Long Halloween; Planetary vol 1 (All Over the World and Other Stories), vol. 2 (The Fourth Man), and vol. 3 (Leaving the 20th Century), Planetary Crossing Worlds (The Crossover specials); Planetary 19-26; Batman: The Man Who Laughs; Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear; RONIN; JOKER; Deadpool #1; Punisher Max vol. 1-4; Penance: Relentless; Thunderbolts by Warren Ellis vol 1-2; Thunderbolts: Secret Invasion, Astonishing X-men Hardcovers volume 1 and 2, Daredevil: Born Again, Y: The Last Man vol. 1-10, The incredible Hulk: Tempest Fugit, Marvels, Daredevil: Redemption, Daredevil: Yellow, Hard-boiled, Hulk: Dogs of War, Spider-man: India, R.I.P.D., Daredevil: Love Labors Lost, District X vol. 1, Walking Dead vol. 1-8, Deadpool vol. 1: Secret Invasion, Superman: Red Son, Batman and Son, Justice League International vol. 1, Bullseye's Greatest Hits, Marvel 1985, X-men Children of the Atom, The Dark Phoenix Saga, Batman: Hush vol 1-2, Batman: Nine Lives, Walking Dead vol. 9, 52 vol. 1-4, Batman: Gothic, X-men: God Loves Man Kills, Daredevil by Bendis vol 4-7 and vol 9-13, X-men: Mutant Genesis, Transmetropolitan vol. 1 (Back on the Street), Starman vol. 1-3, JLA vol. 1, Hunter Killer vol. 1, Starman vol. 4: Times Past, Daredevil by Brubaker Devil Inside and Out vol. 1-2, Daredevil by Brubaker Hell To Pay vol. 1-2, Daredevil by Brubaker: Cruel and Unusual and Lady Bullseye.

Deadpool #900: A pretty solid anthology, featuring some of the big hitters (Liefeld on art on one story, Joe Kelly and Stan Lee on writing duties for a few). Five bucks for the amount that we get here is pretty solid.

Secret Six #14: Well. Uhm. Wow.

Scandal shoots herself up on the venom, Grendel is really fucking weird and sexual and apparently he's related to Scandal somehow?, one of the slavers was a Themysciran, Artemis almost kills herself and all the Amazons rather than go back or be reenslaved, Bane's taken over the team, and now he's trying to take Scandal off the team. And also Diana and Artemis have a nice implied femslash moment.

Can't wait for the Osterman issue.

Green Lantern Corps #41: Soranik and Kyle and Kilowog kick ass in this issue.

And zombie children! Fucking hell, zombie kids.

Blackest Night: Batman: This has to be my favorite of the BN tie-ins, period. Excellent interaction between Tim, Dick, and their respective sets of parents. Also, best use of Etrigan EVER. Awesome run.

House of Mystery Halloween Annual #1: Nice Halloween anthology focusing around a central motif of the mask on the cover. Good way to showcase some new and old series as well.

Comic Books: 115

TPBs: 23

Graphic Novels: 2

Motion Comic: 1

The Boys Vol. 1 - Liked this a lot more than I thought. Hearing the concept, it seemed like it'd be pure silliness, but it was actually pulled off pretty damn well.

Crossed #7 - Probably the first issue of this I haven't loved. Still don't know how I feel about the ending.

Green Lantern #46, Blackest Night: Batman #3, and Green Lantern Corps #41 - Awesome.

Comic Books: 171

TPBs: 31

HCs: 4

Graphic Novels: 1

Finished up Fourth World Omnibus volume four a couple days ago, and it's as sad as it is compelling to read. Knowing that the end is so near and what Jack was trying to do to save the only surviving book by the end (Miracle Man turned into a standard superhero book) makes your heart ache. Hunger Dogs is pretty impressive but lacks the power it could have had had the FW actually been finished on Jack's terms. Also, I like how Mark Evanier puts it, it's like a 200 chapter novel, cancelled at chapter 11 and then a couple years later, they say "You can finish it but you have to do it in fifty pages. Disappointing. 9/10

Total

Trade paperbacks: 20

Jan 01-Aug 28=300 comics, 13 TPBs, 1 GN...Wednesday Comics #3, Wednesday Comics #4, Adventure Comics #1, Luke Cage Noir #1, Red Herring #1, Ultimate Comics Avengers #1, Batgirl #1, Blackest Night: Superman #1, Dominic Fortune #1, The Red Circle: The Web #1, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1, Chew #1, Walking Dead #59-64, Viking #1, Broken Trinity #1-3, Broken Trinity: Witchblade #1, Broken Trinity: Aftermath #1, Fell #8-9, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #4, FVZA #1, newuniversal: Shockfront #1,2, newuniversal 1959, newuniversal Conqueror, Daredevil #116-119, Justice League of America #31, 32, Captain America Comics #1 70th Anniversary, The Human Torch Comics #1 70th Anniversary, Sub-Mariner Comics #1 70th Anniversary, Justice Society of America #25, 26, Simon Dark #18, The Flash Rebirth #1-3, Essential Man-Thing volume 1, 28 Days Later #1, Army of Darkness: Ash Saves Obama #1, Batman: The Widening Gyre #1, The Darkness / Pitt #1, Fantastic Four #570, Seaguy #1-3, Terror Inc. #1-5, Wolfskin Annual #1, Wormwood: The Last Enemy, Batman and Robin #3, Blackest Night #2, Blackest Night: Titans #1, Blackest Night: Batman #1, Green Lantern #45, Green Lantern Corps #39, Doom Patrol #1, Marvel Comics #1 70th Anniversary, All Winners #1 70th Anniversary, Captain America: Reborn #2, The Marvels Project #1, Frankenstein's Womb, Irredeemable Vol 1, Hunter, Young Lovecraft vol 1, Night of the Living Dead #1, 2, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 1, Incarnate #2, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 2, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 3, Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume four,

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 348

Daredevil #82

Heartland

JLA #1

Planetary #1

The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe

Suicide Squad #1

Thoughts in Earth-2.net: The Show 349

Hulk: Hulk No More

Scalped: High Lonesome

The Lone Ranger: Now and Forever

Total

Comic books: 62

Trade paperbacks: 62

Graphic novels: 1

Ultimatium - One of the best fan parodies I've read all year. You guys should check it out. Some kid from Connecticut named Jeph wrote a story about what would happen if the editors at Marvel completely lost their shit and decided they just didn't care anymore. It's funny too, they're even selling this one in bookstores, like it's a proper comic or something.

Comic Books: 171

HCs: 5

Ultimatium - One of the best fan parodies I've read all year. You guys should check it out. Some kid from Connecticut named Jeph wrote a story about what would happen if the editors at Marvel completely lost their shit and decided they just didn't care anymore. It's funny too, they're even selling this one in bookstores, like it's a proper comic or something.

Post of the Day! :bowdown:

DW, have you really read nearly 1700 comics this year?!

Batman 691 and Red Robin #5

Batman, wow, just when the last issue makes you say "Maybe Winick wasn't just taking a piss on this book" they throw this at you. Two Face really sucked in here, the cover lies, and it feels like Winick was told "Tony will be back soon, just, just don't touch anything!"

Red Robin #5, still a solid book, but something really big needs to happen soon and Tim taking down the league of assasins, or league of assasins does save by the bell isn't doing it for me. Except if Mr Belding shows up, in which case, everything that's happened in Batman over the past year will be forgiven.

Clive Barker's Seduth - I don't know why I paid six dollars for this. It's a 3D comic by Clive Barker so I have absolutely no idea what was going on, since there is no way you can read Barker-style narration while a Tool album cover is flying at your face. Interesting if you like headaches.

Blackest Night: Titans #2 - Really like Ed Benes' artwork but there is no way to really understand what's going on here if you're not a regular Titans reader. I had no clue who any of the people were on the last page, for example.

Chronicles of Wormwood: The Last Battle #1 - Probably my least favorite Ennis work I've ever read. It feels like he just dropped a Preacher fan-fic on top of his keyboard and this is what resulted. All of the over the top silliness of Ennis without any of the likable or genuine characters.

Vengeance of the Moon Knight #1 - Hell. Yes. The best Moon Knight has been written in ages. Finally, he's a hero again. Just when I was done with the character, they pull me back in.

Gravel #14 - End of an arc that was way too slow moving at times, only to have the big reveal rushed into the last issue. I love the William Gravel character but Ellis is making him way too powerful and clever for his own good, to the point that nothing has seemed like a believable threat since the first arc. I really have no clue where they can go from here.

Haunt #1 - Interesting enough to pick up the second issue. Past that, I'm not sure though.

Comic Books: 177

HCs: 5