The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Two things:

1) I'm at the gym on a treadmill. Guy in a full suit jumps on the one next to me in a full suit and starts matching my speed. Then he pulls out a bible and asks me what I know about Jesus. He didn't seem to like me telling him to fuck off.

Acceptable answers include- "Didn't he invent those sandals that everyone wore in the 70's?", "It's pronounced Hayzues" or "wasn't he one half of 80's alternative rock band The Jesus & Mary Chain?"

You've no idea how badly I want these people to approach me. Its like a repel them with my aura of atheistic evangelism.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things:

1) I'm at the gym on a treadmill. Guy in a full suit jumps on the one next to me in a full suit and starts matching my speed. Then he pulls out a bible and asks me what I know about Jesus. He didn't seem to like me telling him to fuck off.

That sounds the beginning to an awesome short story.

I may steal that...

So, school nurse. I've been pretty sick for running two weeks now, and I've only gone to you now b/c one of my professors refuses to accept my absence without getting an excuse from you. Fun stuffs. You told me that I only had a cold, and that you couldn't excuse me. Fair enough.

I would be more willing to accept your assessment of me if my lymph nodes weren't sticking out as far as my ears and this cough and throat ache weren't getting worse over the last two weeks. Also, if I actually trusted your diagnoses, given that you diagnosed one of my friends with a recurrence of mono without even testing them, and the other with a cold the first week, strep the second and possible H1N1, and with a potential blown eardrum the third. (Also, gargling salt water as my primary treatment? Yeah, no, I know you go the more "natural" route, but, no.)

The fact that I had to pay $8 to get this assessment doesn't help things, either. :/

Everything else aside, if you are having throat issues then gargling with salt water can provide a great deal of relief. I've used it for that sort of thing for years, if you need technical language just call it a saline solution. You can be prescribed medical packs to make up basically exactly the same stuff for post-operative care of the throat or sinuses.

Not saying you don't need anti-biotics or something, but don't dismiss the salt water thing out of hand, its not homeopathic treatment it really works.

See, I've tried that previously, and it just makes the throat worse. ><

It does depend on the ratio of salt to water. Too much salt causes further irritation, and its not recommended for dry throats. Recommended volume provided by my doctor was 1-2 teaspoons per pint, making sure the water is warm (ideally boiled in advance), plus 1 teaspoon of baking soda if you have any, just to aid the action of the rinse.

I'm kinda annoyed. A friend phoned me a few minutes ago to see if I wanted to go to the bar with him. I get dressed, take the couple of minutes to lace up my boots, walk over to his place and no one home and he's not answering his phone. I kinda want to kick his face in right now, especially since it's wet and cold outside. Fine, back to Tokyo Gore Police and Coke & Whiskey.

I'm kinda annoyed. A friend phoned me a few minutes ago to see if I wanted to go to the bar with him. I get dressed, take the couple of minutes to lace up my boots, walk over to his place and no one home and he's not answering his phone. I kinda want to kick his face in right now, especially since it's wet and cold outside. Fine, back to Tokyo Gore Police and Coke & Whiskey.

Good man. Boots, Coke and Whiskey. My kind of post.

Or I can just do what I was already going to do Sunday.

The only people that care about Valentine's Day are those in relationships that need to spend money as a representation of their love or single people that sulk all day because they think they need to be in a relationship to validate their existence.

Or I can just do what I was already going to do Sunday.

The only people that care about Valentine's Day are those in relationships that need to spend money as a representation of their love or single people that sulk all day because they think they need to be in a relationship to validate their existence.

Someone's been watching 30rock.

Also, my nephew cares about Valentines day, because it's his birthday.