The minor annoyances thread

Missy

I don't know what's worse: that I have been having dreams about one of my best friends or I've been having dreams about the ex that I thought I was over? I really don't know but it is getting on my frakking nerves and I would prefer if my dreams didn't make feel like I have feelings that I thought I was over or that I would rather not develop.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck PCWorld and their shite site. I just had to use my credit card to pay for something as they wouldn't accept my regular card. I'm annoyed as I have the credit card for emergencies, and it garners high interest, but my other account has an overdraft that's interest free.

Still, I've attempted to pay it off, so hopefully the pay off goes through.

All first episodes of podcasts suck. Focus on making episode two better instead of fretting about episode one.

Thanks. I just listened to it again, and it's not that bad. I talk extremely fast in several parts, but overall it's decent. There's a ton of white noise, though, so we might just end up re-recording it anyway.

All first episodes of podcasts suck. Focus on making episode two better instead of fretting about episode one.

Thanks. I just listened to it again, and it's not that bad. I talk extremely fast in several parts, but overall it's decent. There's a ton of white noise, though, so we might just end up re-recording it anyway.

Atleast you know what the mistakes are now, and what went right.

In your cover letter, do not summarize your short story.

If I were more callous, I would reject you based on your dumb summary alone.

Also, do not tell me that you have "a great deal of education." It makes me roll my eyes. My eyeballs hurt from rolling them so often.

Have you run into many people saying "I've studied under .... at the university of ...." when you haven't heard of either?One of my teachers said at the beginning of one of my classes that that was his biggest pet peeve.

And now, after playing Trivia for most of the weekend and still getting about 8 hours of sleep every night, I'm actually sick. This would not be a problem if my 8:30 prof wasn't a bitch about attendance. So, I'm pretty much getting up to go to an 8:30 class and then coming back to pass out. Yeah, it's a bit stupid.

Dear Chekhov,

Why are most characters in your work either crying or dying?

Love,

N

Because all of their friends are either crying, or dying.

Not true.

Sometimes, they are timid Jewish musicians. Or spoiled young women who break teacups because they are clumsy.

And there are the ones doing the shooting on occasion as well.

I said to my business partner that I was going to try and not be cynical for all of February. His response "mate, you'd lose your identity if you did that". Now while that might very well be the case, I was actually being serious when saying it, it wasn't a flippant comment. So yeah, thanks for being supportive with my desire to improve myself. Sadly with this seasons romcom creatively titled "Valentines Day", I've already broken under the weight of cynicism the world throws at me.

Today was a day.

- Found out that my tax return won't be nearly as much as I expected.

- Prepping for inventory night at work Sunday. Working midnight to 7pm, then back at 7am the next morning. That's gonna be fun.

- Utterly failed a pick-up attempt at the store a few hours ago.

- Pounding headache.

Two things:

1) I'm at the gym on a treadmill. Guy in a full suit jumps on the one next to me in a full suit and starts matching my speed. Then he pulls out a bible and asks me what I know about Jesus. He didn't seem to like me telling him to fuck off.

2) If you want to host a super bowl party, that is fine. If host a super bowl party at my house without asking me first, that is not okay. Not that I mind, but you should still ask first.