The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The power was out for the entire day today. It only just came back on. I couldn't go over notes for my history test tomorrow because all my notes are on my laptop (which wasn't charged). And it doesn't help that I'm sick and sleep deprived today.

Well, I have a stomach infection, which means I haven't been able to eat anything in about a day, when I try, I throw up. So that's shit.

Also, I have £2.50 missing from my bank account, and my transaction list isn't showing what it was for. It's really annoying, as it has been like that for nearly a week, so that's annoying me.

I don't mind it when someone drunk dials me. Usually it's over quickly. Drunk texting on the other hand, that gets on my nerves. I'm sleeping last night and one of my friends starts texting me, definitely drunk, asking if I want to come over and dance with him and all this other stuff (The guy is straight by the way.). I lost about an hour of sleep thanks to him so I'm kinda tired and have to leave for work in a half-hour.

I woke up at 9 to get ready for school, and I am in class right now. When class ends in about a half-hour, I have to drive 30 minutes back home to get ready for work at 2pm--where I'll be until 11pm. Then, tomorrow morning I have to wake up early to take an online test and hope my computer doesn't crap out.

The things I do so I can take a day off to go see Alice in Chains. I swear.

I really hate my work's views on what to block on the internet. They blocked Netflix because it's considered R rated. I can't download anything because all downloads(unless they are in iTunes or other software) are blocked. It's like I can see the internet, but can't use it for anything. I wouldn't care except it is supposed to be for public use also.

I just send a strong but fair message to one of the members of my film production team who has been absent from class for two weeks. This project is coming along really well, I came up with the idea and wrote the script, my team mate Amy did the storyboard and sorted the equipment and we both worked out a shot list, locations and casting. So far our third wheel has done NOTHING, which is even worse when you consider that this is our second project together as a group and she wasn't exactly useful the first time.

I basically asked her if she wanted to do the work or switch to another group, which she'll probably do since a friend of hers transferred into the class at the start of this term and is in a two person group of her own. I hate this sort of thing but she's been completely uninvolved at every stage and now she's missed the classes that might at least have allowed her to edit the damn thing.

Just got a message from her. She wants to stay in the group and help.

FUCK.

To top it off I'm handicapped by my choices next term. I've got one module left to pick and its between TV & Film, which I freakin rule with an iron fist and know inside out, and Journalism which is my highest scoring subject and incredibly interesting to me. Both are areas I'm fucking GREAT at and love, but its an either/or situation, the rest of the course is mandatory. Push comes to shove its Journalism but I'm irritated that this rules out a lot of third year stuff I really wanted to do.

How awesome is my bank?

The server's security certificate is revoked!

You attempted to reach your banks website, but the certificate that the server presented has been revoked by its issuer. This means that the security credentials that the server presented should absolutely not be trusted. You may be communicating with an attacker. You should not proceed.