The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, this is going to be a long vent. You know those people who just drain the life out of you, and make you feel so annoyed, and cause you extreme annoyance? Well, that person for me, is one of my brothers.

Yesterday, I left my house to get a figure I ordered from the post office, and was still able to get to class on time, and got word back that I was up to date with my class and got good feedback, so all in all, it was a good day for me. I come home, go online and do simple stuff, all in all, I'm in a great mood. My mums house phone rings, I let it go to machine, I check the message a few minutes later, it's my brother asking me to pick up the phone, he repeatedly asks if I'm there. He usually calls and says all this shit, for no real reason, just to ask stupid shit, like why his internet is not working or if I can buy shit for him online.

I lie down at around 6, and feel like today has been a good day, I hear the front door open and he walks in, asking where his DVD's he "Lent" me are. I say I don't know, seeing as he rammed the DVD's in my bag, and said I would have no time to watch them when he gave them to me. He starts acting like this is a life or death situation and I tell him to look in the other room. What annoys me is, he has taken literally hundreds of DVD's from me, and has either returned them broken or not all, and he goes nuts when two of his, I didn't ask for, aren't there when he wants them. He finds the DVD's, and just before I get him to the door, he turns around and says "Can you check ma bebo?" I tell him no, as my dad dropped him off and was waiting outside. I felt really drained after he left, and had a shite night, so a great day, where everything seemed to go great, and he caused me to be in a bad fucking mood, and just feel drained.

Today, I go to class, come home, it's an ok day at class, nothing great, but nothing bad either. I come home, my brother has called and said the same message as the day before. He then ends with "My dad really needs to speak to you" so, when I get the message, I call my dad. He says he doesn't need to speak to me, and says he didn't need to speak to me. We make small talk for a few minutes before hanging up. So my brother lied about my dad. Five minutes later, house phone rings. It's my brother, he says "Can you buy something for me and I'll pay you back later..." I tell him no, he asks again, and I say no, I can't, he then proceeds to just hang up the phone.

So, two nights in a row, this one person has ruined my fucking day. What a drain he is on me. I know that's a horrible thing to say, but he is just one of those people who is a frigging drain and makes you feel down.

The other night Tim (Niki's husband) introduced me to a female friend of his who also reads comics. The first thing she asked was, "Are you Marvel or DC?"

"I'm a Zombie," I said with a smile.

She started to turn away. "Humph."

"You're a DC girl, aren't ya?"

"Yup." And with that she finished turning around and walked away.

Glad to know favoring one comic company over another is a deal breaker in some eyes. Me, I see it as an opportunity to have further conversations and friendly debate. But whatever.

EDIT: An addendum to that, at the time I had an image of Guy Gardner as my cell phone wallpaper, which I briefly contemplated using as a means to get back into her good graces. But I figured it wasn't worth it.

Edited by The Master

Still, if she didn't want to continue the conversation, then it's her own fucking fault. Sure, I'm a DC BUT I would still date a Marvel. Hell, I have. It's not a dealbreaker unless you're a dumbass. If she would have waited a minute, she would have heard about how this awesome guy she wasn't giving a chance still enjoys the DC animated programs and likes some DC but instead, she chose to be an elitist snob. You're better without her.

Agree that's it's weird that she didn't at least want to engage in a conversation with you about why one was better than the other, at the very least. I don't think anyone here would begrudge a girl for that being a deal breaker (the weird turnoff thread proves that would be hypocritical of most people), but to not at least chat with you about it, that there would be a deal breaker for me.

Me, I have no problem dating a DC girl. Hell, I'd rather date a DC fan than a Marvel one, if only for the aforementioned conversations / debates. It would also help reintroduce me to that universe, as I assume we'd share books.

Agree that's it's weird that she didn't at least want to engage in a conversation with you about why one was better than the other, at the very least. I don't think anyone here would begrudge a girl for that being a deal breaker (the weird turnoff thread proves that would be hypocritical of most people), but to not at least chat with you about it, that there would be a deal breaker for me.

Was going to mention something, in the opposite direction. Then Max showed me how much of a hypocrite I would have been.

Anyway, I am sick of my lecturers throwing shite at me at the last minute for work I should have been told weeks ago. It's getting beyond a joke, I don't even know if I'm in on Monday morning now or not.

The other night Tim (Niki's husband) introduced me to a female friend of his who also reads comics. The first thing she asked was, "Are you Marvel or DC?"

"I'm a Zombie," I said with a smile.

She started to turn away. "Humph."

"You're a DC girl, aren't ya?"

"Yup." And with that she finished turning around and walked away.

Glad to know favoring one comic company over another is a deal breaker in some eyes. Me, I see it as an opportunity to have further conversations and friendly debate. But whatever.

EDIT: An addendum to that, at the time I had an image of Guy Gardner as my cell phone wallpaper, which I briefly contemplated using as a means to get back into her good graces. But I figured it wasn't worth it.

Tim seems to think she was joking and/or being playful.

He also apologized for not telling me she was at the show <_<

It's about 10:30pm over here and I have edited together 3 hours & 10 minutes of episode 23, with another 3 and a half hours of raw footage to trawl through (which is usually a normal episode's worth of material).

I will stop to sleep, but it's going to be a LONG show when it's done. :(

Either way, she showed her colors. And I'm glad she did, 'cause I'd rather have her be rude to me straight off (joking or not), than invest an evening (or longer) only to learn it later on.

He also apologized for not telling me she was at the show <_<

Since I didn't get an "I knocked Tim upside his head, and now I'm in jail. Can you bail me out?" phone call, I assumed as much. :P

Either way, she showed her colors. And I'm glad she did, 'cause I'd rather have her be rude to me straight off (joking or not), than invest an evening (or longer) only to learn it later on.

Maybe this will be the story you're telling in your wedding day speech, while confessing you're love for DC!