The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So. Body decided that it was going to sleep on Japan time last night, never mind the fact that I'm pretty much exhausted ten ways from Sunday. And now it's apparently decided that I need to be up and at 'em.

...This is gonna be one of THOSE weeks, isn't it? Doesn't help that it's ninth week and freaking everything is due this week.

I understand that you are using the computers at the library because maybe you don't have one at home. I get that, I really do. But that does not give you the right to laugh annoyingly loudly at something online. That annoying laugh where everybody looks at you and glares. That annoying laugh that causes you to get kicked out when you don't stop after ten minutes. You do not get to make a scene on your way out. Believe it or not, some of us go to the library for books. Some of us even like to read at the library in that comfy chair in the corner.

In conclusion, fuck off.

Hey, neighbours/friends of neighbours: If they don't answer your fucking buzzer than stop pressing my button every fucking night. If it's gotten so bad that I have to be a dick and press the privacy button, then would you please fuck off.

Also, I am sick to fucking death of getting calls every fucking day, on the house phone from people trying to sell me stuff. No BT, I am locked into a contract, your broadband deal is shit, and I don't care if I've won a fucking holiday, or have been overcharged on a loan.

It's a new number, so how the fuck do these bastards get it. I'm having to invest in a fucking answering machine just to stop the fucking calls.

So there's another store that's looking to sabotage us. I won't name them, but they're one of the other stores that's closing. Apparently they've tried to strongarm us out of a lot of our stuff, going so far as to get a transfer via the liquidator. Not a transfer of unsold product to a store that's remaining open, a transfer of product on sale to another store where it will be the exact same price. I called the GM of said store and he flat out admitted that he was doing it to keep his store open longer.

"Tough luck. It's everyone for themselves now" he said to me.

So I sent him 20 boxes containing nothing but Ayn Rand.

Or I can force reality back into sync, with copious amounts of whiskey! It's like Crisis on Infinite Earths, except instead of the Anti-Monitor, I get a hangover.

Did Barry Allen die again? Because that would be totally worth it.

This happened at work:

Will: Hi, can I help you with anything today?

Crazy Lady: I bought some pens at the beginning of the year and I opened them and they're dried out and leaking all over the place.

Will: Okay, well, do you have your reciept?

Crazy Lady: No, why would I have that? I shouldn't need it.

Will: Okay, well, if you can give me a couple of minutes, I can check with one of my managers.

(I go to a manager explain the situation, he responds, "I don't have the time for this. Just get the pens and the package and we can give her store credit." I go over to tell her this.)

Crazy Lady: I threw them away since they're broke.

Will: Well, we do need them to do the return.

Crazy lady: Screw this. I bought some expensive pens and they're defective. I'm never shopping here again!

(She throws the pens she had on the ground and storms to the front of the store.)

It seems like it should end here but then, one of the cashiers comes back after seeing Crazy Lady talking to her.

Cashier: Are you finding everything fine today?

Crazy Lady: I want to number for you corporate office.

(Cashier goes ad comes back with our store managers card and our general manager.)

Cashier: Here you go.

Crazy Lady: I don't want to talk to anyone who works there. (Throws my SMs card at her.) I'm never shopping here again. I'm going to tell my friends and starting tomorrow I'm going to picket outside of your store and tell everyone who comes in that you sell defective merchandise.

(Crazy Lady storms off.)

I'm going to add that her "expensive pens" were 2.39.

Parents, you aren't helping when you tell your kid if someone hits them to defend themselves. Kids don't know the difference between defending themselves and retaliation. For example, if someone pushes them, and they wait 30 seconds to run across the room and hit them back it's not defending themselves anymore. All it leads to is your kid getting in trouble also and saying their mom told them to do it. If you are going to leave your kid in my care, then they will follow my rules, not yours. The first lesson they are going to learn when this happens is that mom and dad aren't always right.

If I'm a pedestrian at a zebra crossing, and I have two dogs with me, who I would rather you don't run down, would mind slowing the fuck down. Thank you for making sure I wouldn't have to worry about their safety as one is already shit scared of traffic and being knocked down.

Thank you considerate drivers in a residential area, you made taking these two dogs out for a walk a very pleasant experience.