The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, that wasn't something I wanted to know, ever. Spoilered for privacy.

My fourteen year old sister apparently just lost her virginity to her sixteen year old boyfriend of barely six months. And he wants her to shave her pubes. So not amused. I mean, she's free to make her own choices, but at her age and at only six months into a relationship? Just, no.

Gave her the responsibility talk (at least they used condoms), made it clear that she's gonna have to tell the parents at some point cause I want her on BC and to get tested, cause it seems like boy who claimed he was totally a virgin may not be. :/ She kinda resents it, but too bad, if I have to be the responsible one about this, I will be.

And now, all the alcohol, forever and ever.

I may take you up on that. He's a junior, and applying to colleges, so I very highly doubt this relationship is going to last long.

I mean, I love her, I support her. And at least she's in high school instead of middle school.

Still. Argl bargl bargl where the fuck are the alcohol mixers so I don't look like an alcoholic?

Dear Editor on Wikipedia,

I don't edit that often. It's mainly when I see minor typographical errors or something that's wildly wrong. That said, your idea of what is and isn't notable is stupid. You're a group of elitist snobs and, quite frankly, the way some of you pat yourselves on the back is kinda sickening. I understand nothing will ever change so I'm just going to say fuck it. If it's that important that a movie that came out two years ago on DVD's review section stay pure of things you find not notable than wow, you make me feel so much better about my life. I'll make sure you forward you the page on the sun since you obviously don't see it much.

Template for phone calls at work today:

"We are currently sold out / We do not sell that item."

"No, I don't know who sells them."

"No, I will not call Wal-Mart/Best Buy/Pawn Shop for you to find the item."

"Again, no, I cannot get on a computer and tell you what Best Buy has in stock. Call them and they will tell you."

"No, I do not know their number. I'm sure it is in the phone book."

"I don't know if they deliver. Again, I do not work there."

"If you have a question for this store, I can try and help you. Otherwise, I will have to hang up and help the customers in the store that are waiting in line."

*Click*

Four times today. Two days left and I have one of those days off.

Going out with old school-friends tonight and I'm driving down, which means no drinking. Problem is that my old best mate from that time is just going to be a huge hassle once he realises I'm sober for the evening, but frankly the last few months I've been going out sober and enjoying it much more. Plus if I got out and get drunk I've got a couple of miles of icy pavement to walk to get home after getting off the night bus back, and I'd rather not bother with that at 3am. Nothing against a drink, but I'm not really a fan of getting slaughtered recently, it's always had bad results for me.

Well, my Christmas lasted two hours before going to shit. That's an hour longer than I expected.

Well, got my Christmas spirit back after a few hour nap.

It rained while I slept. Then the rain froze. The streets are all icy and impossible to walk across.

I went with my brother to see my dad, and took his dogs out for a walk, and I couldn't make it to the end of his street.

Just past the half way point on a 3000 word journalism essay that's due on Thursday, and getting progress on this one is like pulling teeth. I've got some great examples and I'm using them to compare and contrast the ideas of two writers/theorists but I'm struggling to pull a great word count out of this one. On top of that I've got to get this basically finished tomorrow because I'm going over Cardiff in the evening for my Dad's 60th Birthday.

Bugger it this thing is driving me to distraction. I've got big hefty chunks of analysis and now I need to work on the transitions, the parts that justify that chunks existing in the same piece.