The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to be able to buy a cell phone. I didn't know that they don't exist anymore. All I can find are these mobile internet things that also make phone calls. Also, they will cost me an extra $30 a month for features I don't want. Looks like I am just going to wait until my phone is completely dead before replacing it.

Dear IES Professor:

You've been emphasizing about how the midterms are supposed to give us an idea of how to carry out what is essentially an ethnography in... four weeks now. So, minimal feedback does not exactly help things. Also, the fact that we have gotten minimal frameworks in this class to actually WORK in does not help us in trying to show us what we learned.

I now have four weeks or less to try and get this to work properly.

Goddamnit.

~Me.

Any other Chrome users out there having trouble posting?

Everything seems to work fine until I try to make a post, then Chrome freezes in its tracks and I get "Error 101". It only seems to happen with the forums and only with Chrome.

Went to get out of my chair after finishing some work at uni and my sciatic nerve decided for the first time ever to just go nuts, it hurt so bad I almost keeled over. Took about 20 minutes of slow warming up before I could cycle back home. Completely bizarre.

Get a car, hippy!

Went to get out of my chair after finishing some work at uni and my sciatic nerve decided for the first time ever to just go nuts, it hurt so bad I almost keeled over. Took about 20 minutes of slow warming up before I could cycle back home. Completely bizarre.

Get a car, hippy!

Thank you lifecoach Nelson, I am doing just that today.

Get a car, hippy!

Another life redeemed, thanks to Preston. Off to save the President! *whoosh*

Get a car, hippy!

Another life redeemed, thanks to Preston. Off to save the President! *whoosh*

Of course I'm only getting a Ford Ka, which I'm not sure qualifies as a proper car in the US due to it's small size and the fact that it doesn't require you to bring down a full size brachiosaur and shove it in the tank just to go to the shops.

Not to sound like a whiner, especially since I was just bitching about something a few hours ago, but I've been waiting at the hospital for five hours since my sister is in pain and she's still waiting on a doctor to at least say, "Yep, nothing I can do. Have some pain medication. This kind tastes like cherry." Yeah, American Health care works great, especially at a hospital that thinks everyone who isn't white is there to get a drug fix, not because they're genuinely crying out of pain.

I had to bite my tongue over this conversation I heard in Gamestop earlier today. Picture an obese middle aged woman in pajamas sitting in a chair because she can't stand for more than 10 seconds at a time, her overweight adult daughter, and her doughfaced adult son. She says to the clerk that all government workers are going to have to work fore free now(completely wrong btw), but it's ok because these government workers have cushy jobs where they are overpaid and can handle it.

My dad is a retired government worker. His cushy job was with the Department of Corrections where his life was in danger every day, and he saw violence and murder on a regular basis, and walked in on people who had hung themselves more times than you can count on one hand. I found out years afterwards that as kids he was on a hit list for the Mexican Mafia and that people would call my mom to tell her they were watching me, my brother, and my sister at the bus stop. One time his cushy job involved him getting hit over the head with a pipe and almost killed. How about the time he had to shoot and kill a guy that was escaping? Or taking prisoners back to Cuba to watch them get executed as soon as he turned them over. In the 90s there was a government shutdown and he still had to work without getting paid. That almost broke my family.

People like this piece of shit woman who thinks all government workers make a hundred grand a year to sit at a desk pisses me off. There are real families at risk when politicians want to use a government shutdown as a political tool. My dad worked for this country from the time he was 18 when he joined the Navy until he retired, and he wishes he was overpaid for it.