The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason #7807954 I have ruined Christmas this year for someone.

Her side: I am not taking her check because I heard her on the phone with her bank for about half an hour. She spends $1000 a week in the store and demands respect for such actions. I am depriving her children a Wii while her husband is in Afghanistan fighting for my freedom. I am un-American and should be fired on the spot.

The truth: Yeah, I heard her on the phone with her bank. She was trying to get a new ATM card as her magnetic strip stopped working. I don't care. She wrote a check for over $200. As such, I must ask for ID. When the check is in her husbands name, I say I cannot accept the check as her name is not on the check. When she claims to have power of attorney, I state that unless the check states her POA, then there is nothing I can do.

The result: She yells at me and my boss for a bit and then leaves. Her mother, who was in a wheelchair with a broken foot, apologized for her daughter before she wheeled herself.

Five more weeks of this holiday shit and then I can go back to seeing five people every shift.

As for checks, my store switched to an electronic checking system. Basically, writing a check in the store is the same as using your debit card. The money is transferred immediately and the customer gets their check back. Generally speaking, like Will said, most people have stopped using checks. I write one check a month, and that is for rent which can only be paid with check or money order.

I wish you could set computers to an 'im not a fucktard' setting. I'm sick of programs assuming I want them

to do things with my files, formatting, backups etc because ma and pa kettle are scared of technogy. Microsoft and Apple I'm looking at you.

I shouldn't have to install a 3rd party program to get a clean ctrl-v

I shouldn't have to opt out of you 'managing' my music

Welp, I just spent about three hours trying to get home. Finally here. And can finally get into not-wet clothes. Yes, they are still wet. I'm exhausted, and I probably would've been better served by skipping today. ...I think I've gone beyond the realm of hating today into superhating today.

The answer to this is to drink that 200 ml bottle of Bailey's I got earlier. ALL OF IT.

DVD cases really irritate me, especially when it comes to marketing. I just got Inception through the post, and it's listed as a Two Disc Special Edition. Except that there's nothing special about it, its the standard film. Plus of course they've put the frankly useless little cardboard surround on the jewel case too, which as far as I can tell is what they do with all so-called special editions. It's just asinine, I've taken to just throwing the cardboard out, it doesn't look any nicer on the shelf, its just useless extra packaging. If you're going to purpose-build me a card case, like with Fight Club or similar then fine. If the surrounding case is something of value, like the Judgement Day metal cases then fine. Don't give us this ephemera and label it "special", just give me the DVD.

A moment in the life of Damien.

Damien meets a lady.

Said lady seems intelligent, well-adjusted, and quite easy on the eyes.

Damien spends a certain amount of time with the lady, be it weeks, maybe even months, trying to court her.

A point is reached where it appears the lady is ready to step up to the booth and buy a season pass to Dubs Land.

Shortly before this moment, it's revealed to Damien that the lady has a boyfriend/has several boyfriends/has a girlfriend/thinks she's a vampire/thinks everyone but her is a vampire/thinks lizard aliens run the world via shadow government/is a drug dealer/has a vomit fetish/is an extreme racist/lives with people that play strip Yahtzee/ is a compulsive liar that just made up everything she's told him the past few months.

Damien punches a wall and swears he'll never fall into this trap again.

This has been a moment in the life of Damien.