The minor annoyances thread

Missy

I've got four pieces of coursework due at points next week, so I'm hoping to hand them all in, produce them for then. They are as follows:

A 3-5 minute radio package.

A 1 hour radio show.

A 2000 word analysis of a local radio station compared to a big BBC station, and then a bit of background of radio, followed by facts on where I see radio going in the next 5-10 years.

And an essay on public service broadcasting in the the multimedia age.

I tried to start working on some of it today, by slowing easing myself into the work, however that didn't go to well, and looks like I'll be starting all from scratch again tomorrow.

It's not too much work, and once I get it done, I'll have the rest of January to myself hopefully (If I passed my work handed in before Christmas)to just relax and enjoy the break.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got four pieces of coursework due at points next week, so I'm hoping to hand them all in, produce them for then. They are as follows:

A 3-5 minute radio package.

A 1 hour radio show.

A 2000 word analysis of a local radio station compared to a big BBC station, and then a bit of background of radio, followed by facts on where I see radio going in the next 5-10 years.

And an essay on public service broadcasting in the the multimedia age.

I tried to start working on some of it today, by slowing easing myself into the work, however that didn't go to well, and looks like I'll be starting all from scratch again tomorrow.

It's not too much work, and once I get it done, I'll have the rest of January to myself hopefully (If I passed my work handed in before Christmas)to just relax and enjoy the break.

I did a lot of work at my student radio station for 3 years, so if I can offer up any insight or advice, just drop me a PM.

So, apparently I live with environmental nutbars. There is now a poll on our bathroom whiteboard as to whether or not we should "let the yellow mellow" to save the earth in the ladies' bathroom. Erm, no. Go hug a tree all you want, but I would prefer to not have to worry about a sanitary risk/awful smell every time I go into the bathroom.

So, apparently I live with environmental nutbars. There is now a poll on our bathroom whiteboard as to whether or not we should "let the yellow mellow" to save the earth in the ladies' bathroom. Erm, no. Go hug a tree all you want, but I would prefer to not have to worry about a sanitary risk/awful smell every time I go into the bathroom.

Unless you live in a desert region or have poor access to water and sanitation facilities, flushing a toilet is not going to impact the environment at all.

Bleh. Worked so little over Christmas that I'm having to do four straight days of site work to support my lavish lifestyle. Which means waking up as 4.30am to drive to London and getting back at between 7 and 8pm.

Wait, you commute between Bristol and London?!?!? Damn!! My best friend from uni commutes to London from just outside of Reading and he finds that greulling enough!

Bleh. Worked so little over Christmas that I'm having to do four straight days of site work to support my lavish lifestyle. Which means waking up as 4.30am to drive to London and getting back at between 7 and 8pm.

Wait, you commute between Bristol and London?!?!? Damn!! My best friend from uni commutes to London from just outside of Reading and he finds that greulling enough!

I drive down to work, pick up the van, drive two hours to get to London, do a day's worth of site work (mostly manual labour) and then drive back to the yard, change over equipment and pick up supplies and then go home. Wash rinse repeat for four days.

I can't believe I used to do this sort of thing as a full time job, I'm already knackered. I mean, the pay is good but I'll be dead by Saturday.

I normally pay $1.74 for my headphones. I get what I pay for, in that they generally break in about 3-4 months. Doesn't bother me, because again, I get what I pay for.

Last week I decided to buy a nicer pair of headphones from work. Not overly expensive, but about ten times what I normally spend. They just stopped working while I was cooking dinner. Hopefully I just got a bad pair because I liked them when they worked, but lasting 3-4 days is a bit ridiculous.

Update: Environazi is now tearing apart our pizza boxes so that the cardboard that hasn't touched grease is in the recyclables and the part that has in the trash, and is ranting at me for saying that nights on at light is a safety thing.

Ladies and gentlemen, the whiteboard troll war of 2011 has begun.

EDIT: Except for the part where I decided to be a good human and erase the whiteboard.