• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They (probably) killed Kyle in GLC.

Explain.

Spoilers

Massive Spoilers From GLC 42 Within.

Damn...

I gotta say, though... that's a pretty amazing way to go out. I mean, if I could take my pick of ways to die, that'd be it.

Yeah.

Damn. I guess that means Kyle will be a black lantern. Also, a lot of people are going to be mad.

But damn.

So waitasec...

So let's run down the list:

Guy might be a Red Lantern.

Sinestro is a Yellow Lantern.

John is still a Green Lantern.

If the Blue Lanterns were correct earlier, Hal might end up being a Blue Lantern.

Carol is a Star Sapphire.

Kyle might be a Black Lantern.

All we're missing is Orange and Indigo in order for the main characters to be spread evenly across the entire spectrum.

Hal was meant to be the leader of the blue lanterns, but didn't he turn them down. I switched to trade after agent orange where he did that.

Oh and anyone reading Blackest Night and Green Lantern 2 questions:

Has Larfleeze said the Orange lantern off yet? Also, has the Bizarro Hal Jordan showed up in the Sinestro corps yet?

So waitasec...

So let's run down the list:

Guy might be a Red Lantern.

Sinestro is a Yellow Lantern.

John is still a Green Lantern.

If the Blue Lanterns were correct earlier, Hal might end up being a Blue Lantern.

Carol is a Star Sapphire.

Kyle might be a Black Lantern.

All we're missing is Orange and Indigo in order for the main characters to be spread evenly across the entire spectrum.

No, the Hal Blue Lantern thing was a red herring. The dealw as that he would lead the Blue Lanterns but he would never actually become one.

Personally I see Sinestro turning Green and John switching to something else, maybe Blue, Indigo or Star Sapphire due to the Fatality connection.

No, the Hal Blue Lantern thing was a red herring. The dealw as that he would lead the Blue Lanterns but he would never actually become one.

Personally I see Sinestro turning Green and John switching to something else, maybe Blue, Indigo or Star Sapphire due to the Fatality connection.

Ah, yes, you're right.

I forgot about the Hal-leading-the-Blues-as-a-Green thing. John would make sense as a Blue lantern, though.

I wonder if eventually all the "avatars" of the emotional spectrum (Ion, Parallax, etc.) will merge together like a Megazord. That would be awesome.

I hope so. I'm going to admit, I actually got depressed when I heard that Kyle died. I actually forced someone to drive me to my comic shop and spent the three dollars in quarters to get the issue since I'm broke until tomorrow. I'm still kinda depressed. Kyle was my Lantern growing up. I hated the idea of bringing Hal back and I still haven't warmed back up to him since then. There are two reasons I stuck with Countdown as long I did: Harley and Kyle. Kyle is more than a hero, he was a role-model. Superheroes could be more than reporters, crazy rich people, gods, and military men. They could be authors and artists also. They felt tragedy, they were human. For that matter, Kyle was human and accessible. Hal, Hal was never accessible. Hell, the white hair alone showed how old he was. He was an air force guy, something I would never aspire to. Kyle was a comic book artist which sounds like the coolest job when you're 10. So, yeah, I'm depressed but I'm hopeful Kyle becomes Ion again. I think he's proven he has the stuff to be considered The Greatest Green Lantern of Them All.

That all said, I doubt it. Johns already showed that Sodam Yat is the last of the Green Lanterns in Legion of Three Worlds and He's also still Ion in it. I doubt he's going to change his mind after that. I'm slowly losing my thought that Geoff Johns can do no wrong.

dc:

Kyle is on the cover for the solicits of GLC #44, I don't think he's dead.

GL%20Corps%2044.jpg

I'm going to hope until I turn blue but looking at the cover, it looks more like it's a symbolic thing. Still, a hypothetical: So far the only way outside of death to lose a red ring that we've seen is with a blue one. Guy gets one and hopes for the return of Kyle?

I'm calling it. Guy Gardner is going to become the White Lantern.

1. He's getting his very own red ring in GLC.
  2. He used Sinestro's ring for awhile back in the 90's so he's already touched the yellow light. (The yellow is unreadable so never mind on that.)
  3. Part of seeking out Sinestro's ring was Guy wanting to be a hero at any costs.
  4. He's a green Lantern obviously.
  5. He was a special needs teacher and he hired down on their luck heroes at his bar showing great compassion.
  6. He definitely loves Ice.

So, he really just needs a moment of great hope and I think he has it clinched.

Edited by dc20willsave

Has Guy appeared in a single issue of Blackest Night yet?

I mean, he's a decent enough character, but it's amazing to me the number of hoops people are jumping through to rationalize why he should be the one to save the day.

Has Guy appeared in a single issue of Blackest Night yet?

I mean, he's a decent enough character, but it's amazing to me the number of hoops people are jumping through to rationalize why he should be the one to save the day.

Its really just one person around here, and I think we know who that is. I mean, We all like Guy Gardner but only one of us goes tingly at the whiff of a bowl-cut.

You know, I was thinking about this:

Who says that the White Lantern has to be one person? I'm thinking it's going to end up being a Gestalt of 7 ring holders, rather than one person holding seven rings. That plays much, much more to the ideas of unity and life than one dude getting all 7 colors.

You know, I was thinking about this:

Who says that the White Lantern has to be one person? I'm thinking it's going to end up being a Gestalt of 7 ring holders, rather than one person holding seven rings. That plays much, much more to the ideas of unity and life than one dude getting all 7 colors.

Great now I'm going to be frankensteining lanterns together all evening.

Guy Gardners hair

Carols rack

Arisa's face

Sinestros moustache

Larfleezes legs

Atrocitus's arms

Saint walkers head-tail

Mogo's body