The Blackest Night

prez

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Wonder's outfit as a Star Sapphire is mainly combining her own costume with that of most of the members of the Star Sapphire Corps. Personally, I just want a male Star Sapphire. Is some male fan service too much to ask? I could put up with Hal or Ollie becoming a temporary Star Sapphire. I'm actually trying to think of any male heroes that would be offered violet rings.

I think Wonder's outfit as a Star Sapphire is mainly combining her own costume with that of most of the members of the Star Sapphire Corps. Personally, I just want a male Star Sapphire. Is some male fan service too much to ask? I could put up with Hal or Ollie becoming a temporary Star Sapphire. I'm actually trying to think of any male heroes that would be offered violet rings.

Right, but the classic Star Sapphire outfit that many of their corps still wear is a one-piece like WW usually has. Its really only Carol Ferris who goes for the stripper in a bubblegum explosion look, and even that is only recently. She started out in the normal outfit.

's called cosplay. :P And yes, it does tend to work a bit different on female bodies that it does male bodies.

(Again, for the record, I's a girl.)

I know this. Hence me wondering about reactions. Are you old enough that I can ask for photos without being disgusting? ;)

Right, but the classic Star Sapphire outfit that many of their corps still wear is a one-piece like WW usually has. Its really only Carol Ferris who goes for the stripper in a bubblegum explosion look, and even that is only recently. She started out in the normal outfit.

Um... I dunno about that. A lot of the other Sapphires have the bubblegum stripper look. I'd say it's 50/50 at this point.

Are you old enough that I can ask for photos without being disgusting? ;)

Without being disgusting? Yes.

Without being creepy? No. That factor doesn't go away with age.

I picked up Suicide Squad issue of Blackest Night, and....

After the Fiddler showed up, I couldn't give a fuck about the Blackest Night things, I want the Six against Waller!

Right at the end they had to have the tie in to BN, which felt forced. If this issue isn't collected with secret six, then it will make no sense, as this one shot was just set up for the next issue of SS.

Again, fuck BN here, I want 6 VS Waller.

I loved the bit with the girl preparing for deadshot, saying here it comes and then he just shoots her without concern.

Oh, and Will, what if Deadshot was a star sapphire? :P

I'm really hoping the scene in Blackest Night Wonder Woman where Diana makes out with Bruce in her dream pays off after Bruce comes back.

There was a very similar thing that happened with Superman awhile back in the comics, too. There were these reflecting pools of water that represented different parts of Diana's mind, and one of them showed her romantically involved with Superman. I'm betting that this Batman thing goes nowhere. (And if it does, I will be very, very upset.)

• 2 weeks later...

I looooooved the new deputies.

Lex as Orange works on so many levels.

Flash looks dope as a Blue.

Love how Atom's Indigo look is that of his late eighties counterpart.

Scarecrow is like...duh.

I don't get why WW got to be a Violet. Out of all the female characters it makes the least sense for her to be one. Dinah or Barbara I understand but her?

Red Mera? Don't fuck with her.

Scarecrow is like...duh.

I think that in a previous story, Sinestro tried to recruit Batman, first. Bruce rejected the ring, so it went to Crane, but Batman destroyed it before Scarecrow got it. Don't quote me on that, though. I may be misremembering something.

I don't get why WW got to be a Violet. Out of all the female characters it makes the least sense for her to be one. Dinah or Barbara I understand but her?

I'm kinda pissed that it wasn't Starfire. It fits her character and she'd only need to add one syllable.