The Blackest Night

prez

Actually, I was just reading Blackest Night: Titans, and

Dove's "emotional aura" is the only one that's completely white. Furthermore, the now-dead former Dove, Don Hall, cannot be raised by a black ring because he is "at peace."

So the "white lantern" thing might have more to do with the emotional peace of the spirit/soul.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had this idea: They've made a point to stress that the Black Lanterns are only the bodies of the dead, that their souls are still in Heaven, Hell, or wherever. Well, what if the White Lantern Corps is comprised of the souls of the dead?

That's actually a pretty cool idea.

With the resurrections happening in Brightest Day, it might be a matter/anti-matter reaction only instead of blowing up, bam, alive again.

That one by Doug Mahnke is awesome!

Yeah! I really like the glowing raised chest symbol.

I'm not really digging the concept of Sinestro as the White Lantern, though. It seems more like a fanboy move, rather than something that makes sense. Would someone else not be better-fit for the white light? Someone who actually values life above all? Superman would seem the logical choice, or maybe Dove, since she's the only individual who actually possesses the white light herself.

That one by Doug Mahnke is awesome!

Yeah! I really like the glowing raised chest symbol.

I'm not really digging the concept of Sinestro as the White Lantern, though. It seems more like a fanboy move, rather than something that makes sense. Would someone else not be better-fit for the white light? Someone who actually values life above all? Superman would seem the logical choice, or maybe Dove, since she's the only individual who actually possesses the white light herself.

That's all well and good, but if:

It wasn't a GL character, this whole event would mean F-all for Green Lantern, as it would be a regular event. With Superman ultimately saving the day.