The Blackest Night

prez

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand it for a different reason than KnightWing. Wonder Woman loves humanity. She loves the world she lives in. She even cares for her enemies, letting Giganta go when her only crime was that she was late for her date with Ryan Choi. Plus, if Blackest Night Wonder Woman is to be believed, she's had to watch Batman for all these years, being secretly in love with him, but never being able to act on it and then knowing that he's dead and she's never going to see him again.

I don't get why WW got to be a Violet. Out of all the female characters it makes the least sense for her to be one. Dinah or Barbara I understand but her?

It makes a lot of sense to me. I mean, she's been [whatever the female equivalent of cockblocked is] over and over again throughout her history.

Clamjammed.

*ahem*

...she's had to watch Superman for all these years, being secretly in love with him, but never being able to act on it because he's married to Lois Lane.

Fixed.

Plus, if Blackest Night Wonder Woman is to be believed, she's had to watch Batman for all these years, being secretly in love with him, but never being able to act on it and then knowing that he's dead and she's never going to see him again.

I'm just saying, Diana could have been kissing Clark in her fantasy but there was Bruce. I doubt Aphrodite just randomly chose people Diana cared for.

I'm just saying, Diana could have been kissing Clark in her fantasy but there was Bruce. I doubt Aphrodite just randomly chose people Diana cared for.

I know. I'm referencing older continuity.

I just have problems with her suddenly being in love with Batman with no prior mention of her feelings towards him.

I know. I'm referencing older continuity.

I just have problems with her suddenly being in love with Batman with no prior mention of her feelings towards him.

It's been played with before. In JLA a few years back, they kissed and in JLA 89 (One of the comics that helped get back into comics), Diana looks at the thought of life with Bruce and it ends with her outliving Brice. They decide to just be friends but there are definite regrets underneath there. It's actually a pretty good issue. Not to mention Justice League Unlimited though that's obviously not in continuity.

Pining for a married man is kinda bitchy.

Oh, well yeah, kinda. Though she basically shuts off her feelings anyway.

It's been played with before. In JLA a few years back, they kissed and in JLA 89 (One of the comics that helped get back into comics), Diana looks at the thought of life with Bruce and it ends with her outliving Brice. They decide to just be friends but there are definite regrets underneath there. It's actually a pretty good issue. Not to mention Justice League Unlimited though that's obviously not in continuity.

Hmm. Okay then. I must have missed all those stories (aside from JLU, of course).

I don't get why WW got to be a Violet. Out of all the female characters it makes the least sense for her to be one. Dinah or Barbara I understand but her?

It makes a lot of sense to me. I mean, she's been [whatever the female equivalent of cockblocked is] over and over again throughout her history.

Clamjammed.

:lol: I'm using that one.