The Blackest Night

prez

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on Blackest Night #5:

Wow. I completely didn't see Nekron reclaiming all the heroes that have been resurrected in the past few years. Of course, since we have Earth-1 Superman as a Black Lantern now, this makes me kinda hopeful that some of the people who became Black Lanterns will come back, especially some of the shock deaths. Anyone else hoping for the return of the Dibnys?

Another thing of note for me: Nekron, the second time he mentions Bruce Wayne after raising him has a Black Lantern, refers to him as "Bruce Wayne" in quotations. Well then, I have to say that I definitely believe that that is not Bruce's skull then.

Since we saw a Batman body underneath Wayne Tower in Batman and Robin #6, I'm guessing that's the "real" Bruce Wayne and the body in the grave was a fake. As for the body underneath Wayne Tower, I think that's a Bruce Wayne from another Earth, most likely the deceased Bruce Wayne of Earth 2.

Since we saw a Batman body underneath Wayne Tower in Batman and Robin #6, I'm guessing that's the "real" Bruce Wayne and the body in the grave was a fake. As for the body underneath Wayne Tower, I think that's a Bruce Wayne from another Earth, most likely the deceased Bruce Wayne of Earth 2.

The real Bruce Wayne is hanging out in the caveman days

The real Bruce Wayne is hanging out in the caveman days

Exactly, hence the real in quotes.

Well, that answers the question of if it takes place before Blackest Night #5 or after.

BTW, vaguely off-topic, can I just say it sucks to be Wonder Woman in a DC Universe Event? I mean, in Crisis on Infinite Earths, she gets unwritten from existence to be written back in later. Underworld Unleashed she was killed by Neron. In Infinite Crisis, she killed Maxwell Lord when the character would normally have found another way. Amazon Attack, yeah, let's skip Amazons Attack since there wasn't anyone that got out of that intact. Actually, considering that Amazons Attack was originally supposed to be one of the Infinite Crisis crossovers, that explains a little. That was probably the reason that everyone was going to hate the Amazons rather than Wonder Woman, someone who has never done anything wrong really, is shown on TV by an anonymous source, killing a guy you later find out was raping Superman. I mean, c'mon. That's allowable death. Sorry Tangent over. Final Crisis rolls around and Wonder Woman gets possessed by one of the Female Furies and has to wear that ugly boar mask. Finally, in Blackest Night

she gets killed again and becomes a Black Lantern.

Just once I would like DC to really treat their premier female super-hero, hell the world's most famous female heroine, with some respect. Is that asking too much that someone other than Gail Simone does that?

I think Wonder Woman could be a great central DC character if they had the balls to let her. Its not enough to just show her in the trinity with Clark and Bruce, they should ensure that she is the lynchpin in some serious events. Right now she's lower in the pecking order than Green Lantern and Flash. I think you could really explore the DC magic vs modern world dynamic effectively with her acting as the chief guardian of mankind in that respect. Let her beat foes that Superman couldn't. Have a BIG magic event dealing with Shazam and Dr Fate and the rest and have her be the central character.

There is nothing wrong with Wonder Woman that a little drive and direction wouldn't fix. Its not a broken character, the animated film showed how she can be used right.

Yes, but Johns didn't spend years working on Wonder Woman like he did with the Flash and Green Lantern.

You need someone like Simone, who gets the character(Or so I'm told) and wants to make her be awesome, or Rucka, who Dread said did good work with her.

They need to have an event where WW is the centrepiece, like Green Lantern in Blackest Night, and not just there "Cause she's part of the trinity" and I don't mean like Amazons Attack, I mean something she can deal with. The only problem is, it would take years for something like that to build and naturally pay off, like Blackest night is now.

WW, needs something she can deal with and take on, cause except for being part of the trinity, she means nothing to me, I don't read her comic, even though I just bought a random issue for 50p, which was meh for me.