The Blackest Night

prez

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, guys, fucking is going to save the day.

"Angry sex!"

"Selfish sex, ignoring the partner's needs!"

"Have a few too many and wake up next to something that terrifies you!"

"You will have sex with me, I will it!"

"Hope that you can score with the hottie!"

"I understand how you feel, wanna fuck?"

"Man, I love fucking!"

I guess you can fuck death into submission. My bad.

Has Guy appeared in a single issue of Blackest Night yet?

I mean, he's a decent enough character, but it's amazing to me the number of hoops people are jumping through to rationalize why he should be the one to save the day.

Its really just one person around here, and I think we know who that is. I mean, We all like Guy Gardner but only one of us goes tingly at the whiff of a bowl-cut.

;)

Wait, guys, fucking is going to save the day.

"Angry sex!"

"Selfish sex, ignoring the partner's needs!"

"Have a few too many and wake up next to something that terrifies you!"

"You will have sex with me, I will it!"

"Hope that you can score with the hottie!"

"I understand how you feel, wanna fuck?"

"Man, I love fucking!"

I guess you can fuck death into submission. My bad.

:bowdown:

That is awesome.

Wouldn't indigo be dogging though?(Watching the people in a car through a window while taking care of themselves.)

This really fucked up my night, but that's the best way to die. My guess is that Kyle can't become a Black Lantern because he died doing something heroic. Much like Don Hall, who can't be revived as a Black Lantern, as we've seen.

So far, the only people who have been revived as Black Lanterns are those who have died tragically. This doesn't occur to people because pretty much everyone in the DCU dies tragically eventually.

Also, I'm thinking the Ion idea is pretty sound. If that GLC 44 cover is legit, isn't Kyle kind of oozing Lantern energy, like he did when he was Ion?

I'm talking about sacrificing yourself for something. Not being injured and dying. But being completely healthy and giving your life to save someone.

Very different.

So if you kill yourself in an attempt to destroy evil, it's different than merely dying in battle? I'm not so sure that the line between the two is that well-defined. It's a possibility, though.

Geoff Johns has done the impossible and is forgiven for killing Kyle.

This week in Adventure Comics, he made Superboy Prime seem like a sympathetic character for the first time since the first Crisis.

Wow. That's great.

I think my favorite Johns-moment has to be the time when Hal (while his ring was out of power due to being sucked dry from a Manhunter drone that could absorb lantern energy) hopped into a fighter plane, caught up to the fleeing manhunter in mid-air, jumped out of the plane, recited the Oath while falling through the sky, and ended it by punching the Manhunter drone in the face, thus recharging his ring and obliterating the android.

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2009

Full Blackest Night collection contents revealed

16 comments | Tag: Blackest Night

Share this post: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Reddit | DiggIt!

We now have details on the contents of all seven (yes, seven) Blackest Night collections to be released by DC Comics next summer. The news that Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps will be collected outside the main Blackest Night collection will make some fans very unhappy. As follows:

- Blackest Night - the main eight-issue miniseries

- Blackest Night: Green Lantern - the Green Lantern tie-in issues

- Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps - the GLC tie -in issues

- Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Vol. 1 - the Blackest Night Batman, Superman, and Titans miniseries

- Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Vol. 2 - the Blackest Night JSA, Flash, and Wonder Woman miniseries

- Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns - the eight "resurrected" titles

- Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps Vol. 1 - the three-issue miniseries (listed as volume one of multiple, but this might be an error)

The issue here, as we've discussed previously, is there's a consensus that you need to read Green Lantern between the pages of Blackest Night to understand the story, but the books will be collected separately.

This hearkens back to the Final Crisis problem, where the original plan for collecting Final Crisis was to collect the main miniseries on its own -- but having read it, it's clear that book would have made no sense without the additional Superman Beyond issues later added in.

Source

This has really altered my interest in Blackest night. I wanted to read everything when it was collected, but now, after looking at how much their is, I really don't think I care anymore. If I were to get any, it'd be the first two, maybe the third, but everything else, I'm either going to try and get a lot cheaper, or just not bother.

Wait. People were expecting all of the Blackest Night issues AND all of the Green Lantern issues AND all of the Corps issues in the same collection?

Can someone explain to them that a 24 issue collection would be kind of expensive and sell a shitload less?

Wait. People were expecting all of the Blackest Night issues AND all of the Green Lantern issues AND all of the Corps issues in the same collection?

Can someone explain to them that a 24 issue collection would be kind of expensive and sell a shitload less?

Yeah, no joke. Final Crisis's hardcover was pushing it as-is.

Yeah, there might be an Absolute Blackest Night down the line -- collecting the miniseries and the Green Lantern books -- but they'll first release then in standard hardcovers, then trades.

Seriously, in total we're talking about 54 issues excluding non-Blackest Night titles that still tie into the event. And even if you only wanted to read BN, GL, and GLC in one collection, it would still be a 25-issue volume.

That I expected, but not the blackest night: Some other guy... to get three different collections.

I don't care about the returning titles, I expected the green lantern and corps to get their own books, or to be mixed in, making two or three volumes, like sinestro corps, but giving the three tales of the corps thing their own hardcover, is ripping it. They cost $3.99 each, and unless the hardcover is selling for $11, it ain't worth getting.

Fuck it, I'm getting Blackest night, green lantern, and waiting for the trade on GLC, the rest, I'll try and find cheap, or just won't give two fucks about.

Which is what most people will do.

I never expected it all to be collected in one volume, I am not naive and dumb enough to think that, if anyone thinks that's why I'm disheartened, I'm annoyed their bring so much shite out in different books. Put the corps books together, put the three tales things together with three of the other tie-ins and make that a book, then take the other one, have that, and the other book, the ressurected titles, just fuck off.

How many issues were in the FC hardcover?

There should be around 10, I'd say, and those are the ones Morrison wrote:

Final Crisis 1-7

Superman Beyond 1-2

Submit.

The rest, such as who Libra was, were ancilliary and although enjoyable, weren't needed for the story. Although, Requiem was a good MM send off, just a year before he became a BL.

Adventure Comics #4 - Should I spoiler tag this? Well, I can take it off later.

Yeah, Superboy-Prime looked sympathetic, but the whole "this is our world" crap was ridiculous. I don't want DC to try and tell me that one of their characters is in my world, that he can read DC comics and find out what's going to happen.

Has this been so generic before? Did I just miss something and this has been done before? Because metafiction just doesn't work in comics.

Ugh.