The Blackest Night

prez

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Lex Luthor Orange Lantern all ready to go as my avatar on Wednesday. That and Happy to know the Black Rings didn't rekill the dead people, it just took over their bodies as seen by Wonder Woman. Makes me wonder if there's going to be a Star Sapphire Wonder Woman variant figure in the next Blackest Night action figure wave.

I have the Lex Luthor Orange Lantern all ready to go as my avatar on Wednesday. That and Happy to know the Black Rings didn't rekill the dead people, it just took over their bodies as seen by Wonder Woman. Makes me wonder if there's going to be a Star Sapphire Wonder Woman variant figure in the next Blackest Night action figure wave.

You think their'll be another wave? If they do, I want Sinestro Corps member Scarecrow.

You think their'll be another wave? If they do, I want Sinestro Corps member Scarecrow.

They've been selling pretty well so I have no doubt of there being another line or two in there. I would buy the Scarecrow Figure if they made it.

Something just dawned on me. The team we see at the end of Blackest Night #6 is...

... a take on the original Justice League:

Agent Orange Lex Luthor / Superman

Sinestro Corps Scarecrow / Batman

Star Sapphire Wonder Woman / Wonder Woman

Green Lantern Ganthet / Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Blue Lantern Flash (Barry Allen) / Flash (Barry Allen)

Red Lantern Mera / Aquaman

The only one that doesn't quite fit is Indigo Tribe Atom standing in for Martian Manhunter.

Something just dawned on me. The team we see at the end of Blackest Night #6 is...

... a take on the original Justice League:

Agent Orange Lex Luthor / Superman

Sinestro Corps Scarecrow / Batman

Star Sapphire Wonder Woman / Wonder Woman

Green Lantern Ganthet / Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Blue Lantern Flash (Barry Allen) / Flash (Barry Allen)

Red Lantern Mera / Aquaman

The only one that doesn't quite fit is Indigo Tribe Atom standing in for Martian Manhunter.

Manhunter would have been filling the Compassion role in the original JLA. I dunno, grasping at straws.

So, if this is just the first wave of people getting deputized and we get another, larger wave, who would you like to see get rings and what color? At this point, what I thought would be the most awesome is if Superman receives a Blue Ring and Lois gets a Green Ring. Some people would think violet but I have to disagree. She's supposed to be the best journalist at the Planet and possibly one of the best in the DC Universe. She knows no fear and works hard to fight injustice. Give the woman a green ring. The awesome thing is that they would be able to fully play off of each other's rings.

Wonder Woman never gets a good outfit, does she? I mean, Rucka's BL outfit was pretty neat, but we barely had that for an issue before it went over to her Star Sapphire outfit, which leaves a bit to be desired.

Also, the interaction between her and Mera in the BN: WW #2? Holy shit, good writing. And Red Lantern!Mera = run the fuck away.

In other news, I should probably catch up on these. When I make an order with DCBS.