The Blackest Night

prez

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yeah, I just think that they'd have been better served to be used on Earth. Don't get me wrong, I love what Tomasi has done with GLC, I just have a hard time believing that the entire Corps wouldn't have confronted this immediately.

Well, yeah, I just think that they'd have been better served to be used on Earth. Don't get me wrong, I love what Tomasi has done with GLC, I just have a hard time believing that the entire Corps wouldn't have confronted this immediately.

Well, Blackest Night takes place over a pretty short time span, and the Guardians weren't around to give orders to the GLC. Salaak didn't know about Earth's importance, so he wouldn't have ordered the GLC to do anything other than defend the Green Battery.

I love how this event really shows the difference between DC and Marvel's opinions on our home marble. Earth had already been established in DC to be the Centerstone of the Multiverse Orrey and during "Our World's at War," blowing it up starts up a new Big Bang. Now it can add being the source of all life to the list. In the Marvel Universe, Earth is kinda insignificant. This was driven home by Civil War and Annihilation running at the same time. Annihilation is dealing with the possible destruction of reality itself while on Earth, all the heroes are too concerned with registering. Even Secret Invasion, which centers around Skrulls attacking Earth, was running at the same time as War of Kings was getting set up. Earth's conflicts are insignificant on the cosmic scale in 616.

• 3 weeks later...