The Blackest Night

prez

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree. She needs her own character-building events and important plotlines.

Johns has said that Blackest Night is going to be one of those types of events for her. (Hey! Look! I brought it back on-topic. :) )

Blackest Night looks to be that type of event for everyone who isn't Superman and batman.

On topic, due to a shit week in college(Which will be in annoyance thread soon) I picked up a saint walked figure for myself.

That and the BL Superman were the only two figures from sereis 1 on the rail.

I count 19 figured in the picture (Black Lantern Wonder Woman is hidden behind Boodika and Glomulus.) That means there is either a figure missing or there's going to be a wave of only 3 figures. Since there isn't a Hal Jordan in there, I'd almost guess it's him as something spoilery.

Theirs going to be atleast four waves. Three has already been announced to have Black Hand, Wonder Woman and Kyle. I really like Nekron and am tempted to add him to my list to pick up, which right now is Larfleeze and Black Hand. Black hand and Larfleeze are day of release pick ups for me. Going through the new ones: Nekron looks awesome. Flying Grayson looks like a regular cliche horror figure, Hawkman looks alright, but nothing special, Carol looks alright, she looks like the one from earlier.

Also, Sinestro isn't their either. Wave four will hit in June or around there, so theres a chance more their keeping that hidden for now.

I just got Martian Manhunter yesterday, the figure of him, and the only figure from wave one I can find is Earth-2 Superman who's left.

I count 19 figured in the picture (Black Lantern Wonder Woman is hidden behind Boodika and Glomulus.) That means there is either a figure missing or there's going to be a wave of only 3 figures. Since there isn't a Hal Jordan in there, I'd almost guess it's him as something spoilery.

Theirs going to be atleast four waves. Three has already been announced to have Black Hand, Wonder Woman and Kyle. I really like Nekron and am tempted to add him to my list to pick up, which right now is Larfleeze and Black Hand. Black hand and Larfleeze are day of release pick ups for me. Going through the new ones: Nekron looks awesome. Flying Grayson looks like a regular cliche horror figure, Hawkman looks alright, but nothing special, Carol looks alright, she looks like the one from earlier.

Also, Sinestro isn't their either. Wave four will hit in June or around there, so theres a chance more their keeping that hidden for now.

I just got Martian Manhunter yesterday, the figure of him, and the only figure from wave one I can find is Earth-2 Superman who's left.

Did some looking around. There isn't supposed to be a Hal or Sinestro figure for awhile since there have apparently already been a fair amount of those according to an interview with Georg Brewer of Dc Direct. Going off of what we've already seen, Wave 5 should consist of Nekron, Deadman, and Hawkman. That leaves one mystery figure. This is of course assuming that none of those three are from an unannounced wave 6 or 7.

Did some looking around. There isn't supposed to be a Hal or Sinestro figure for awhile since there have apparently already been a fair amount of those according to an interview with Georg Brewer of Dc Direct. Going off of what we've already seen, Wave 5 should consist of Nekron, Deadman, and Hawkman. That leaves one mystery figure. This is of course assuming that none of those three are from an unannounced wave 6 or 7.

Their giving up a chance to do more figures of them!?

Well, I'll be considering Nekron in that wave, and the other one could be Black Lantern Flying Grayson?

Also, are you kidding me, theirs seven waves!? Jesus Christ, they can f-off!

Adventure Comics #5 Spoilers Ahead:

Prime decided that if he can't win, he'll join the BLs. Since he's alive, the ring he puts on has an adverse reaction and starts shifting him through the emotional spectrum, settling on Red, as Prime hates himself so much. The BLs taunt him more, he starts releasing random emotions, eventually killing 10 fucking Black Lanterns at once with a blast of love at the mention of his dead girlfriend. His ring deactivates itself after they are all dead, and his once dead girlfriend shows up, embracing him, possibly a Black Lantern herself. It's left ambiguous. Prime also gets a great monologue about how the writers have been abusing him and he's sick of it. Great issue, and I legitimately am glad that I started forcing myself to like this character.

Adventure Comics #5 Spoilers Ahead:

Prime decided that if he can't win, he'll join the BLs. Since he's alive, the ring he puts on has an adverse reaction and starts shifting him through the emotional spectrum, settling on Red, as Prime hates himself so much. The BLs taunt him more, he starts releasing random emotions, eventually killing 10 fucking Black Lanterns at once with a blast of love at the mention of his dead girlfriend. His ring deactivates itself after they are all dead, and his once dead girlfriend shows up, embracing him, possibly a Black Lantern herself. It's left ambiguous. Prime also gets a great monologue about how the writers have been abusing him and he's sick of it. Great issue, and I legitimately am glad that I started forcing myself to like this character.

I second everything you just said.

Dammit, somehow I hate Countdown even more now for how it treated Superboy Prime. I can't even call him Superbitch anymore and I hate that.

Him getting the power of Ion back would have served two purposes A.) Brings him back to life, and B.) Helps differentiate him from the other Earth GLs. True Love! is just so cliched.

Yeah and I was hoping Kyle would gt brought back as a Star Sapphire and it's not just so I could get some eye candy. Still, it might have some interesting consequences, namely that Natu and Kyle hearts are now linked.

One other thing of note, I am really hoping Kryb didn't bite it when Guy shoved her arm down her throat (just realized what a terrible joke that is.). She is such a creepy character and I would love for her to keep on for years to come.

• 2 weeks later...
When it was announced at the Diamond retailer summit in Baltimore this October, DC Comics' plan to ship the sixth issue of their best-selling event comic "Blackest Night" the week before Christmas to be held for release by retailers until Wednesday December 30th drew one question: would the book leak?

The answer came this morning. Yes, people have been posting images from the embargoed comic online, even sooner than expected. Early this morning, pages and spoilers from "Blackest Night" #6 appeared across the web including on the CBR Forums, writer Geoff Johns own message boards at ComicBloc.com and the official DC Comics message boards. The images have since been taken down at the request of DC, and when reached for comment by CBR, Johns simply said, "I'm glad people are excited about the book."

CBR has also learned that the issue has been hurriedly scanned and distributed via Bit Torrent sites within 24 hours of shipping. The scanned issue was made available this morning through the various BitTorrent trackers as part of the weekly "New Comics" packages. The scan itself was of lower quality than is typical of the pirated books, indicating that it was scanned, compiled and distributed in a bigger rush than usual.

Retailers who were shipped copies of the issue received boxes with large green stickers on them that said they are not to be sold until December 30th. Where the leaked issue came from is unknown, but it was made clear to all retailers and Diamond employees that it was not to be released before that date.

Ultimately, the early spoilers may not serve to hurt the sales momentum of what has been a very successful launch for the publisher, however the fact that someone has been letting the issues slip draws into question whether or not DC and Diamond will ever attempt timed releases like this in the direct market. DC Sales VP Bob Wayne told the retailers in Baltimore that future opportunities like this would die if anyone breaks the set street date for the highly-anticipated book.

Stay tuned to CBR as more news becomes available on "Blackest Night" and the response to the leaked issue.

CBR Senior Editor Stephen Gerding contributed to this story.

Source

Well, I found it funny.