The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with the photo itself, it has me excited to see what Emma Stone will do with the role in fact. What I am apprehensive about is what the photo possibly represents. If this is a photo of Captain Stacy's funeral, and there is no definite confirmation of this, I think it is far too early in the film series for it to happen.

I have no problem with the photo itself, it has me excited to see what Emma Stone will do with the role in fact. What I am apprehensive about is what the photo possibly represents. If this is a photo of Captain Stacy's funeral, and there is no definite confirmation of this, I think it is far too early in the film series for it to happen.

Who's to say it isn't Captain Stacey at Uncle Ben's funeral. I mean, they could put in that he was friends with Ben, and have him show up to pay his respects*

*I've never read a Spider-Man comic with the Stacy's, so what I'm saying will probably just be movie additions.

Ah, ok. I misunderstood. But why would it be too early? Captain Stacy was a character that was always meant to die, so I could see them pushing that into movie no. 1.

Captain Stacy was a father figure for Peter. His detective skills also had Peter wondering if he had uncovered his Spider-Man identity. Peter was indirectly responsible for his death. When he died, Peter and Gwen were deep in their relationship and Peter was sure she was the one. That's too much to develop in one film for it all to have meaning.

Psst... Uncle Ben dying isn't a spoiler. His death pretty much kicks off the entire Spider-Man mythos.

Since that's Gwen, I'd imagine that's Capt. Stacy's funeral. That's another character who was pretty much created to die.

I need to work on my sarcasm when it comes to text. :mellow:

I agree with Suave by the way, I think it's uncle Ben's funeral with Cpt. Stacy behind Gwen.

• 3 weeks later...