Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I stopped watching The Office a year ago so it was the only bit of Thursday night NBC I didn't see last night. That said, Community was freaking sweet last night, especially that last bit. 30 Rockwas mostly good though there were moments in the Jenna story that were a little meh. Outsourced, I look forward to not caring about after your inevitable cancellation.

Watching Day of the Dead, because it was £3 and has the same name as one of may favourite zombie films, so I figured it might be a remake. Wasn't expecting much given the non-buzz around it but its worse even than that. There is literally no reason to call this Day of the Dead except to cash in, its not a version of the Romero zombies, its not even a loose sequel to the updated Dawn of the Dead. They've got zombies climbing on the ceiling and instantly turning rotten as opposed to it being a slow biological process.

Oh yeah, and its horrible written, acted and directed.

Who ok'ed the use of the Day of the Dead name for this tripe?

Director gets 1 year in prison in wiretapping case

By GREG RISLING, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES – "Die Hard" director John McTiernan was sentenced to one year in prison Monday for lying about his association with a private investigator to illegally wiretap a movie producer.

In a stinging rebuke of the 59-year-old McTiernan, U.S. District Judge Dale Fischer said he should receive a harsher sentence than the year recommended by prosecutors because he didn't accept responsibility for his actions.

"The defendant doesn't think the law applies to him," Fischer said.

McTiernan pleaded guilty in July to two counts of making false statements to the FBI. He also pleaded guilty to one count of perjury for lying to a federal judge while trying to withdraw a guilty plea.

Fischer also ordered McTiernan to pay a $100,000 fine and serve three years probation. He will remain free on bond pending an appeal. His attorneys said the conditional plea agreement allows their client to challenge certain pretrial rulings made by Fischer.

McTiernan previously pleaded guilty to lying to federal agents in 2006 about the investigation of private investigator Anthony Pellicano. The director later withdrew that plea, arguing he didn't have adequate legal representation.

Pellicano was convicted in 2008 of wiretapping film producer Charles Roven for McTiernan and of bugging the phones of celebrities and others to get information for clients.

McTiernan's film credits include "Predator," "The Hunt for Red October" and "The Thomas Crown Affair."

Source

Are we sure that Summer Glau isn't some kind of Fetish Doll brought to life via the will of thousands of horny virgins? Because she's downright terrifying there.

And via Twitter, I've learned that Adam Baldwin is a borderline insane superRepublican, (I'm talking Glen Beck level o' scary) so... there is really no joy in that picture for me.

And via Twitter, I've learned that Adam Baldwin is a borderline insane superRepublican, (I'm talking Glen Beck level o' scary) so... there is really no joy in that picture for me.

...Not entirely true, actually.

Though if he were a raging conservative, that'd fit his Chuck character to a hilariously perfect tee.

I'm not trying to disagree with you or start an argument, but that one Tweet hardly outweighs the hundreds talking about how the Democratic party is destroying America.

He's still damn fun to watch, but, in it's way, it takes the shine off of the apple for me. Kind of in the same way that I wish Sean Penn would shut his fucking gob.

Are we sure that Summer Glau isn't some kind of Fetish Doll brought to life via the will of thousands of horny virgins? Because she's downright terrifying there.

Yeah, plus now that I think about it if they ever do a Sasha Grey biopic she's high on the casting list.

I just imagine he's in character as Jayne.