Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to enjoy it. It kind of reminds me of a Mel Brooks movie.

and Natalie's butt is pretty good also.

My thoughts exactly.

Agree on both counts (Mel Brooks and Portman buttly goodness)

It looks like it has no right to be good, but could actually work quite well.

I thought the same, until I saw the line "From the director of Pineapple Express" so my interest just went out the window. Shame when he said "With magi motherfucker" I laughed.

I like to get newpapers when I take long trips. Reading in a newpaper from St. Paul, I found myself contemplating stranding myself since apparently Tommy Wiseau is going to be a midnight showing of the room. I didn't of course but damn if that was tempting.

Pioneer Press or Star Tribune?

The City Pages which is the free paper.

My main worry about Your Highness is that I've seen Danny McBride in shit before, and he's a bit player. Maybe it's bullshit for me to say but I don't see him as a leading character in a feature film. Pyro guy in Tropic THunder, sidekick in Pineapple Express, maybe I'm missing something but this guy shot up to being the guy on the poster with little to no warning.

Not that I have anything against unconventional looking lead actors, on the contrary, but I think guys like Will Ferrell had a more natural career progression. The leap from Mugatu in Zoolander to Anchorman wasn't too hard.

My main worry about Your Highness is that I've seen Danny McBride in shit before, and he's a bit player. Maybe it's bullshit for me to say but I don't see him as a leading character in a feature film. Pyro guy in Tropic THunder, sidekick in Pineapple Express, maybe I'm missing something but this guy shot up to being the guy on the poster with little to no warning.

Not that I have anything against unconventional looking lead actors, on the contrary, but I think guys like Will Ferrell had a more natural career progression. The leap from Mugatu in Zoolander to Anchorman wasn't too hard.

He's one of those guys that once you see him in something decent, you start noticing he's in everything.

JOHNNY DEPP camped-up his portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow in a bid to enrage film bosses.

Executives at studio Disney initially loathed his performance as the swash-buckling sea dog when they saw early rushes of the first film.

And they were seriously worried that the hunky actor would ruin Pirates Of The Caribbean with his acting.

He explained to Vanity Fair: "They could not stand him. They just could not stand him.

"I believe it was Michael Eisner, the head of Disney at the time, who was quoted as saying, 'He's ruining the movie'.

"Upper-echelon Disney-ites, going, 'What's wrong with him? Is he, you know, like some kind of weird simpleton? Is he drunk? By the way, is he gay?'

"And so I actually told this woman who was the Disney-ite, 'But didn't you know that all my characters are gay?' Which really made her nervous."

Good for him.

The best way to deal with that kind of ignorance is to throw it back in their faces.

Or make them walk the plank...

Haha, fantastic story about Depp, wonder why he wanted to piss of Disney?

JOHNNY DEPP camped-up his portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow in a bid to enrage film bosses.

Executives at studio Disney initially loathed his performance as the swash-buckling sea dog when they saw early rushes of the first film.

And they were seriously worried that the hunky actor would ruin Pirates Of The Caribbean with his acting.

He explained to Vanity Fair: "They could not stand him. They just could not stand him.

"I believe it was Michael Eisner, the head of Disney at the time, who was quoted as saying, 'He's ruining the movie'.

"Upper-echelon Disney-ites, going, 'What's wrong with him? Is he, you know, like some kind of weird simpleton? Is he drunk? By the way, is he gay?'

"And so I actually told this woman who was the Disney-ite, 'But didn't you know that all my characters are gay?' Which really made her nervous."

Good for him.

The best way to deal with that kind of ignorance is to throw it back in their faces.

Or make them walk the plank...

Haha, fantastic story about Depp, wonder why he wanted to piss of Disney?

Probably because Michael Eisner's an almighty tool.

And that Mean Girls sequel deserves to be direct to DVD if it has none of the original cast involved. That trailer screams "cheap cash-in".

...There was a good part of Dawson's Creek? :P

...I own the first four seasons. I'm not proud.

Anyone hear that? That's the sound of me not being the gayest person on the board for once. :P But seriously, no, Michelle William's character, Jen was the only reason to watch the show half the time. She and occasionally Jack were the only ones that weren't idiots or egomaniacs on that show. I hated Joey's guts and if Dawson ever got his head out of his ass it would be a miracle. Oh, and Dawson's dad got killed by a ice cream related car accident. Really, the show worked best as the world's best unintentional comedy.

On a side note, I was so happy when Michelle Williams got he Oscar nomination. A great suck-it to Katie Holmes.