Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just flipping through the channels at work and Turner Classic(I think) has a movie with a white woman painted black playing a black maid. I'm desperately trying to get someone else to see it but she hasn't come back on screen. I know I'm not crazy.

edit: I just looked it up, and it's actually a black woman in black makeup. All I know is it looks pretty racist.

The Daily Telegraph have reported that it's some kind of left wing fantasy. Then again, the Daily Telegraph would regard a film in which Thatcher mows down all the British mining communities down with gunfire as being perfectly acceptable.

So would the left, it's just that in the Telegraph version she's Rambo and in the other she's fucking Anton Chigurh.

The Daily Telegraph have reported that it's some kind of left wing fantasy. Then again, the Daily Telegraph would regard a film in which Thatcher mows down all the British mining communities down with gunfire as being perfectly acceptable.

So would the left, it's just that in the Telegraph version she's Rambo and in the other she's fucking Anton Chigurh.

The only thing I understood in all of that was Rambo.

I've only seen Minute To Win It twice, but that was enough to realize the producers are perverts. The first one I saw had a hot girl with big boobs in a particularly cold studio. Tonight they have two hot girls in little shorts and the game they have to play is called "Blow Ball". In fact as I write this one of them is blowing a bubble across the stage through a hoop. Come on now.

This Thursday, the local theater is showing Momento!

And on the 25th they're having a deal where, for $30, you can see Toy Story 3, Black Swan, Inception, The Social Network, and The King's Speech. They also give you a $10 voucher for concessions. I think I know what I'm doing next Friday! Best of all, for Valentine's Day, Shana gave me a $30 gift card to that very theater. So this will cost me nothing!

This Thursday, the local theater is showing Momento!

Do you mean Memento? Unless there is an Italian version of the movie I'm unaware of.

Sorry to be a spelling dick, but my business is called Memento and when I have people tell me I spell my own business name wrong, that it should be Momento, pisses me off no end.

That deal is fantastic though, and even if you've seen 1 or 2 of them, it's still a bargain.