The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was actually just reading not long ago about how publishers (mostly novels, actually, but still) will just flood the market with a certain book in order to instantly propel it up on lists like the New York Times Bestsellers.

I can confirm this. They also pay the stores to push certain books.

To be fair, isn't this the fourth or fifth Frank Miller to join Twitter? I'll believe it when they get it autheticated/I see him have a back and forth with another creator.

Gail Simone then? If your a fan of her comic work, or even if your not, you have to admit, her tweets are almost always worth having twitter for alone.

I picked up the introductory issue of Tom Strong a while back and really liked it, and I've finally got around to the trades. This is a really fun series, if you like retro sci-fi adventure then this is for you. Highly recommend. Also, I know there is a thing against Nazi villains here at the moment, but how can you not love this cover?

4-1.jpg

I picked up the introductory issue of Tom Strong a while back and really liked it, and I've finally got around to the trades. This is a really fun series, if you like retro sci-fi adventure then this is for you. Highly recommend. Also, I know there is a thing against Nazi villains here at the moment, but how can you not love this cover?

September 2008, I was in Leeds when I bought my collected trade* of Watchmen, as I wanted to read up on it before the movie version was released. Simply for doing so, I got a free primer for America's Best Comics and as such, I got introduced to Tom Strong. There was a lot to like about it, but as I'm not exactly a reader of comics, I haven't pursued it further. Still, that primer was pretty impressive.

*Before E-2, I would have just said "graphic novel" and been happy to do so, so that deserves bonus points, methinks.