The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look what's on Amazon: Absolute All Star Superman!

I wish I still bought Hardcovers and Absolutes, but as cool as they are, their never worth it to me as I just want the great read, not the best collection.

Variant cover for Flash rebirth #6

I'll be honest, I don't like it.

It look cool at as you scan down (although I don't know why the lightning is coming out of his eyes, it looks like wacky lightning laser vision going nowhere), but then his chest is partly shadowed, drawn lazily and just crap. Its like they did a tiny screen capture of him running in one of the panels off a comic preview online, wrote the autograph and enlarged the image for a cover. I don't even get the sloppiness on the left side of the cover.

How good is it, I mean, would I buy it, if the sketch wasn't available?

Is it the whole thing, or is this the first volume.

Yes you'd buy it, but then I'd buy anything those two do. Sleeper and Criminal proved that these two can do no wrong together.

Maybe you'd buy it for less without the sketch, but its not a big inflated price, plus I'm always willing to put money directly in the creators hands.

Its limited to 6 issues right now as far as I know, although a second volume seems likely at some point.

So tempted to order that thing now. Does he have a set list of people he'll sketch?

Nope, I just got an email asking what character I'd like. I've honestly only read a couple of issues, I was always planning on getting the trade to read the thing properly so as not to spoil it with my bad memory or big gaps between issues. I thought it might be cheeky to ask for someone who isn't in the book, but to be honest I only remember a few characters at this point and Holden Carver is in my mind one of his signature creations, so I figured he wouldn't mind. Almost went with John Constantine, but its been 12 years since Phillips drew him regularly.