Captain America: The Winter Soldier

JackFetch

With two new films hitting in the next two weeks (Puncture and What's Your Number?), Chris Evans has been making the press rounds. The Playlist caught up with the actor and managed to get a question out about potential upcoming appearances as Captain America in Marvel Studios' cinematic universe.

“They may wait until 2014 until they release the next 'Cap'," he said, "Marvel has a lot of balls in the air. They aren’t going to cannibalize their films.”

That means that after appearing in next summer's The Avengers, Steve Rogers is likely going to lay low for two years, presumably then taking over one of the already-announced Marvel release dates of either May 16 or June 27, 2014. Unlike Robert Downey Jr., who appeared between Iron Man and Iron Man 2 in The Incredible Hulk, Evans suspects that cameos are out. Contracted for six films altogether, Evans believes he'll split his roles between three Captain America films and three Avengers films.

“Out of those six films, if I pop up in one of those [other films], it counts as part of the deal," he continued, "So if they needed me in a third 'Cap', and I say, ‘F--k you, give me $30 million,’ well, they want to avoid that.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168456-captain-america-2-likely-for-2014-

I like his candidness about being a douchey actor wanting more money :lol:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
With Captain America: The First Avenger hitting DVD and Blu-ray this Tuesday, writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely have been making the press rounds. In a conversation today with The HD Room, the pair reiterated that the sequel will stick mostly to the filmic Marvel Universe's present day.

"I think it's safe for us to say that it's primarily set in the modern day," says Markus. "That seems to have been the biggest question people have been wondering about regarding the sequel... [W]e've been left with room to explore Cap entering the modern day wondering, 'What is all this? What's happened to the world' and so on."

"We made a movie where the world was in context for Steve Rogers," adds McFeely. "It was a movie where it was a more pure time, where there were clearly black-and-white, right-and-wrong, good-and-evil scenarios. And Cap is a guy who symbolizes that. Now he's in the now, and there is nothing black-and-white. So what do you do with that guy? How does he react to a much more uncertain time? So you're given this huge new palate to work with, but you can keep him the same."

Chris Evans' Captain America next appears in Marvel's The Avengers on May 4, 2012. Unfortunately, it may be a bit before his next solo adventure. Evans recently revealed that Captain America 2 will probably have to wait until 2014.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168708-captain-america-2-will-be-set-qprimarilyq-in-modern-day

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Shame, she was extremely attractive, surprised I haven't seen her in more stuff. Although any shortlist for Sharon that includes Emilia Clarke, Alison Brie and Jessica Brown Findlay is gravy by me.

Great/shallow minds think alike! I know she's been in The Sweeney remake, but I haven't seen it.

To be honest, I don't think there needs to be a further role for Peggy. There doesn't even need to be a resemblance if the connection is niece/aunt, and even then, Sharon would have to drop a further generation for it to be believable. Otherwise it'd be like Michael Gough-Alicia Silverstone in Batman & Robin.

• 2 weeks later...

We don't know a lot about Anthony Mackie's role as The Falcon in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but now we've got a few details from the actor himself. In an interview with AICN, Mackie spoke more so than he has previously about the part.

"I will have wings. I will be able to fly. I will be a superhero and fight people, namely The Winter Soldier."

Mackie has been really studying for the part, too.

"It was funny; a lot of the research I found was online. My older brother was a huge comic book buff. So when the news came out online, he called me and just gave me the whole rundown. Luckily, I have a lot of friends who weren’t cool growing up, but who are really cool now, so they read a lot of comic books. So I would just call and ask them, and they would send me all of this stuff online, and I got to read a bunch of the old comic books. It’s fortunate, because it’s a take off the comic book, it’s not the exactly storyline of the comic book."

Mackie didn't reveal much else about the film, specifically because he fears getting replaced on the film before it even gets started, and for that reason he wouldn't confirm if his character would have his pet falcon Redwing in the film.

"This is what I learned about franchises. They can always cast somebody else and say, 'Well that last person died,' or just not address it. You see the second movie, and the guy is a different guy than the first, and they're like, 'Yep, same dude to me.'”

One thing Mackie would confirm though is that filming for Captain America: The WInter Soldier would begin on April 1.

The film is slated to star Chris Evans, reprising his role as Steve Rogers/Captain America, and newcomer Frank Grillo as Crossbones. Reprising their roles from Marvel's The Avengers are Samuel L. Jackson as Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill. Also returning is Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174443-anthony-mackie-on-playing-the-falcon-in-captain-america-sequel