Weeklong events on Earth-2.net: The Show

Missy

So Hannah and I confirmed for Sabrina.

Chris, you want to do Metropolis or M with me?

Dan, I'll cover anything you pick with you.

I think Des and I should do Nosferatu.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I can do 8 1/2, I just got the Blu-ray.

Once, in an Italian restaurant, I asked my sister in law (a film student) what was her favorite Fellini movie. She told me she had no idea who Fellini was. I was astonished. A couple of weeks later I e-mailed her the Fountain scene from "La Dolce Vita" and she had to admit that this guys movies looked good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKN1T3K1idg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to point out right now why that's unlikely. It'll take too much time. It requires going through and rewatching each series. Most of us who work on the various segments have other podcasts and projects we're working on in addition to lives. Taking the time to watch a movie from a critical point of view is cool. Having to rewatch a between 20-100 episode series, even at 20 minutes a piece, is a bit much. Hell, it's the main reason why there's still going to be a few more months before Kellen and I get back to Power Rangers. It's going to be that long for us to rewatch the separate series.

I'm going to point out right now why that's unlikely. It'll take too much time.

I have been toying with a project concerning Marvel animation, and when recently organizing everything, I counted almost a thousand episodes of television broadcast from 1966-2013.

One devoted just to Spider-toons could be done.

A look at a few episodes from each Spider-Man cartoon, as an evolution of the character as seen through his TV shows, could work quite well. A secondary topic could then be made of analyzing how TV has changed: animation, storytelling, voice work, etc. as seen through one character.

I'll have to think on that.

There have been 8 Spider-man Animated series (Spider-Man '67, Spider-Man '81, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Spider-Man '94, Spider-Man Unlimited, Spider-Man: The New Animated Adventures, The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Ultimate Spider-Man.) I love the 67 series, especially in the second and third season when it turns into batshit insanity and more reused animation than you can shake a stick at.

• 7 months later...