Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

Battle Royale: It's been a couple of years and still pretty not bad at all.

Stardust: Also a few years. Some of the acting is a bit creaky but very fun once it gets going.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe: Not my favorite adaptation but it works for what it is and hey, there were worse attempts to adapt/rip-off The Lord of the Rings in the aftermath of those films.

You're Next: One of the better horror films I've seen in the last few years. Moments of good black humor, some nice kills, and a great protagonist. Plus some good atmosphere.

The Warriors: I liked it but I wasn't as impressed with it as so many people made it out to be. I can see why it's a cult classic but not the best movie ever by far.

Labyrinth: David Bowie's Crotch is nice. The film overall is one of my favorites.

Feature Films: 58

Direct to DVD: 2

Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 3

Riff-Trax Assisted: 1

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jurassic World: really fucking solid. One of the better blockbusters I've seen in a long time. Not as good as the original, but close enough. Also, Bryce Dallas Howard is related to two of the ugliest men in Hollywood and is still stunning. Weird.

Feature Films: 102

Documentaries: 6

The Warriors: I liked it but I wasn't as impressed with it as so many people made it out to be. I can see why it's a cult classic but not the best movie ever by far.

I watched it recently and thought the same thing. Ditto for Hill's Streets of Fire, although I liked that one a bit more; the Fire Inc. songs have been in my head all week.

1990: The Bronx Warriors-surprisingly in canon with its sequel (you would be surprised too, if you knew about Italian cinema of the era). GREAT stunts (by some real Hell's Angels!) and some cool gory moments. Fight choreography is painfully bad, like an episode of Arrow. Might have to do with Mark Gregory's complete inability to look like a badass. I'm sure he was a student of modern dance and not an actor when he was discovered.

Feature Films: 105

Documentaries: 6

Pixels is way more fun than anyone is going to give it credit for. Most people are going to watch That Video, assume the critic is right, and base their opinion off of that. For me, though, this was a very loving nod to the 1980s, was mostly respectful to men in their 30s and 40s who've struggled with running in place life-wise (RE: me), and there were hints of Punch Drunk Love (RE: serious) Adam Sandler throughout. Yes, the ending with

Q*bert turning into the warrior woman is wrong on a lot of levels (because she is a literal trophy wife, as That Video is keen to mention), but that's the point; Princess Peach, Daisy, and most every other female character (with the exceptions of Samus Aran and Ms. Pac-Man) from 1980s video games are all trophies meant to be won. So while it is skeevy in 2015, in the context of the movie, it makes a lot of sense.

We're talking Chesterton, right? 'Cause I wouldn't mind being put-down by a jetpack-wearing man who's thrown a man to his death off of a pyramid.

What, you're saying you would mind if you were shot to death by me?!?

So much for gratitude....